at Philadelphia 49, New York 48

Cleveland 73, at Georgia 70

Conference Championships

Grand Rapids at San Jose

Cleveland at Philadelphia

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knew Grand Rapids had it in them to stun Arizona at their place and then beat Chicago at their place?

I have a feeling, though, that this magical carpet ride for the Rampage is going to be coldcocked by a far better San Jose team come Saturday.

Philadelphia vs. San Jose for the title would be my guess.

The real guessing game begins after the season though, trying to figure out which AFL teams will be back, which will move, which will fold, and what suckers David Baker's lined up for new franchises in 2009.

nav-logo.png

I think the biggest beef everyone has is that the play was reviewed and still not called correctly. The conspiracy theorist are coming out of the woodwork at ArenaFan, but let's face it... the refereeing in the AFL was shoddy long before this blunder, and I doubt any good intended changes will fix that.

philly.png

If Grand Rapids can make it though the officiating in Chicago, I think they have more of a chance than anyone.

How messed up is it when you have 2 Rush players shoving MacPherson back to the ground every time he tries to get up long after the whistle is blown, with one kicking him a couple times, and the only ejection is the teammate who takes them out? Seriously?

VmWIn6B.png

I think the biggest beef everyone has is that the play was reviewed and still not called correctly. The conspiracy theorist are coming out of the woodwork at ArenaFan, but let's face it... the refereeing in the AFL was shoddy long before this blunder, and I doubt any good intended changes will fix that.

Yea, Officiating this season has been beyond poor. It seems some of the official's don't even know all the AFL rules.

The real guessing game begins after the season though, trying to figure out which AFL teams will be back, which will move, which will fold, and what suckers David Baker's lined up for new franchises in 2009.

Which sucks because watching on TV is kind of boring. I rather do other things. Watching an AFL game live is a blast. I always wanted this league to succeed.

KC might be in trouble if Neil Smith and Company keep running them into the ground.

I'd love to see KC get the Arena Bowl before we lose the Brigade.

Any rumors on Arena Bowl XXIII? KC? NOLA?

KC might be in trouble if Neil Smith and Company keep running them into the ground.

I've heard rumors of going back to NOLA, Philly, and New York

I've heard rumors of going back to NOLA, Philly, and New York

Please, someone else besides NOLA. Philly...fine....New York....meh.....KC..YES. :D

If it comes to KC, I'm pretty sure I could cover it for my newspaper.

Got this from the arena football message boards. The cities are KC, Philly, Chicago, and New York. With the city being announced the weekend of Arena Bowl Weekend in NOLA

Who knew Grand Rapids had it in them to stun Arizona at their place and then beat Chicago at their place?

I have a feeling, though, that this magical carpet ride for the Rampage is going to be coldcocked by a far better San Jose team come Saturday.

We need a 10 loss team in the Arena Bowl, though. It'd be a tremendous *bleep* you to the league's higher up.

Or be the perfect foe for Philly's scripted title.

Hmmm.....

Oh looky. Boston and South Florida again.

And who would they line up for Pittsburgh.

I see nothing about those suckers fools folks in Louisville.

And it's going to be Philly next year. JBJ has been actively campaigning for it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

We need a 10 loss team in the Arena Bowl, though. It'd be a tremendous *bleep* you to the league's higher up.

Or be the perfect foe for Philly's scripted title.

Hmmm.....

And who would they line up for Pittsburgh.

I see nothing about those suckers fools folks in Louisville.

And it's going to be Philly next year. JBJ has been actively campaigning for it.

Well didn't they say 2010 for Louisville?

IMHO, Boston's a non-starter.

* If Jeremy Jacobs doesn't own the franchise, said team will be financially hamstrung by an exorbitant lease agreement at the TD Banknorth Garden and get seventh choice of game dates after the Bruins, Celtics, Beanpot Tournament, circus, concerts and Blazers.

* If Jeremy Jacobs does own the franchise, he won't spend a dime on putting a competitive squad together and the team will get sixth choice of game dates after the Bruins, Celtics, Beanpot Tournament, circus and concerts.

Archived