Bring out your favorite concept

elliott

So, I'll start. I really like this Senators concept I did a while back:

(image removed)

wow, i did not like this the first time i saw it, then i looked again, then again, and again.

and i have to say great job elliot, this is just a great concept, very well done, i really like this!

Thanks, here's the alternate I did for it, it's pretty obvious though. I believe the Senators were the first team I did when I did my NHL redesign series last year.

SenatorsAlternate.gif

loving the rays concept and the number font on those lightning jerseys.

i dont think ive ever seen the bills concept mentioned earlier but would love to.

Here it is.

Billsconcept2.gif

No one really liked the alternates (I don't really myself) but the home/away went over pretty well.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i got alot of praise for these badboys:

*here's hoping they heed my ideas and do this for the new jersey set, lol.

btw, i like the idea of this thread...it makes for a great browsing thread to see some eye candy in the sense of creative genius this board possesses.

Yeah, that's probably my favorite basketball concept I've seen here in the past few months. Really nice.

I'll bite. This is by far what i think of as my best logo, and, the crazy thing is, I did the whole thing in under an hour. It's amazing what you can do to stay awake in a 3-hour art history class. If I can dig up the remaining parts, I have a merchandise guide, pocket schedule, and tickets that I made. I used it for my fantasy team on here, but I also used the logos for a huge project for my portfolio class, except I changed the brown to dark teal.

ConqFant.png

I'd give 2nd place to my most recent work:

Link, since there's a lot to it.

I'm also moderately proud of my IHL team on here, the Marauders.

MaraudersIdentity.png

Probably my Orlando Orcas logo. I'm proud of it because the first version (which I don't have a copy of) evolved as my skills developed. Well, here's the second version:

OrcaLogo.png

And here is the final version, finished a few months ago:

OrcasWordmark-1.png

Oh, what the hell.

I have to start with the rec hockey team I play on, the Minneapolis Admirals. This was my first Illustrator project, in 2006, and did become reality.

admirals-2006-final2-away.png

More images: Home jersey, crest detail, unused 10th anniversary logo, as of yet unused secondary logo (on left)

Pictures of the finished product

-----

Speaking of hockey team logos that became reality, here's one for my former boss's team, the Eagles. This was done in 2003, using Paint Shop Pro--I used PSP for many years before finally switching over to Illy a couple years ago.

eagle-full2.gif

I see a few things I'd probably do different now, mostly some thicker outlining, but the crest looked sweet on the original Thrasher jerseys.

-----

And, finally, a couple fantasy team concepts. First, my old NABA team, the Nashville Skyline, circa 2004.

skyline.png

Jerseys: home and away

Floor

----

Next, my B!PA team, the San Antonio Defenders. I'm still really proud of this one, even if I did it without Illustrator in '05.

defenders2-sm.png

Jerseys: home, road, and third (complete with silly Photoshopped image)

-----

And, finally, my B!PL team, BV Lattenknaller. This was done last year, in Illustrator. It's a little out there, but if you've ever seen the movie Guys & Balls (original title Männer wie wir), you'll get the reference.

BV-Lattenknaller.gif

Complete with kits: home and road

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

My favorite BY FAR is the New Orleans Hornets concept by c0nr4d. No offense to anyone else who's posted here(lord knows you're all better than I am), but those suckers are flat-out GORGEOUS.

I'm also digging elliott's Bengals and Bills concepts, bradbury's Grizzlies alternate and queman's Terps helmet. Well done, everybody!

Sigs are for sissies.

My faves of mine were this philadelphia eagles concept:

eaglesconcept-1.jpg

I couldn't find it on my PC, but I also did a concept for a 're-franchising tampa bay' contest a year or so ago that I really liked.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Tryna find my favorite concept design out of the 50-something that I've posted in the last 2-3 years was a daunting task. But I think I found two that I can live with as my favorite.

The first of those...comes from way back in my original Airline Football League Concept Series, for Air Canada, as seen below.

AirCanadaAFLv2.png

The original concept thread can be found here (as well as the intro to this Series and all concepts leading up to this one here.)

My overall favorite, however, comes from a place no one ever really talks about, but ended up being the most univerally praised--that of the University of Wyoming Cowboys, seen here.

UWcowboys.png

The original thread for this concept can be found here.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

My favorite, by far, is my Montreal Legends PHA team. Fantasy, of course...

mtllegends.gif

mtllegendshome.gif

mtllegendsaway.gif

mtllegendsalt.gif

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Logo, uniforms and custom numbers for my PHA team, the Boston Blizzard:

blizzunis.gif

Logo & uniforms for my CHA team, the Ottawa Nationals:

on_uniforms.gif

Logos for Mac the Knife's fantasy baseball team:

2333717352_5d8ba04572_o.gif

CHA Orr Cup logo:

cup2-2.gif

Fantasy Premiership team, Black Sabbath United:

bsunited.gif

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

slapshot - that Blizzard logo=fan-effing-tastic

the DC Nine logo is also awesome, I think the "NINE" text could be smaller, but I'm absolutely in love with the little reversible "DC"

unfortunately I haven't had any good enough concepts that I like well enough to post here

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived