Pac-10 Athletics logo

TrueYankee26

And the shading swooping down from right to left, I think thats the web 2.0 part he is talking about.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Nice update.

Ooh, I never bothered to count the ten sun rays in the Pac-10 logo. That's kinda like finding the "11" in the Big Ten logo or the aarow in FedEx. ^_^

Another neat part is that the longest rays are for USC and UCLA, while the shortest symbolize Oregon and Oregon State! :rolleyes:

I'm not really a big fan of the update. The two font styles are fighting each other, they don't go well together. The kerning on the "10" is bad, it needs to be tightened up, and the font for the "PAC", is klunky. Downgrade.

Nice update.

Ooh, I never bothered to count the ten sun rays in the Pac-10 logo. That's kinda like finding the "11" in the Big Ten logo or the aarow in FedEx. ^_^

I never noticed that either - it's pretty cool.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This isn't really a new logo but rather a repair on a fundamentally flawed mark. The previous PAC-10 mark had a great deal of liability in smaller applications and this tweak has corrected that.

And for the record, I don't think the MAC screwed it up at all. I'm not big on defending my own work, but I applaud them for trying something different and outside of the narrow box that is conference identity. The shield is a perfectly acceptable device for governing bodies in sports - consider the NFL, NHL or AFL shields as marks that fall into a similar category.

Archived