New Virginia Tech Uniforms Unveiled

TFoA

Sometimes it pays to be friends with Hokie Nation on myspace. :P

uni1.jpg

uni2.jpg

uni6.jpg

uni7.jpg

I'm gonna be real with y'all: I miss the now-old uniforms. But I guess these are ok. The numbers seem to match the wordmark in a way.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad. I like that the side panel are truncated, so as not to hassle with leading into the pant stripes. I'd like to see the orange be more of an accent on the dark, and used more on the roads. Kinda like the Giants.

It may take a while for the VT's new style to grow on me, but regardless, it's a major upgrade to the piped-out gear they previously had.

I'm somewhat looking forward to seeing these unis on the field in full pads.

6uXNWAo.png

Uh...naw, folk. Imma have to pass on this one.

Them side panels are a good bit extraneous to me...and what's with the lack of TV numbers? And again, I have to ask...are all these new jersey cuts--the design of the jersey panels themselves, that is--really as functional as these outfitters would have us believe...or are they simply overcomplicating these jersey cuts in the name of "cool"? That's just really been bugging the mess out of me lately.

The new number font's nice, though--I'll give them that. And I have always loved that color combo.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I just got home from Blacksburg 40 min ago, the talk around town is ugly as hell. Went to the bookstore and asked the manager when the new jerseys came out he told me "Why in the hell would you want one those things for?" They still have some pre-acc orange TV # jerseys left and the now old set on clearance. One of the sporting goods store at the mall had the new jerseys in and people were shaking their heads at them commenting on how ugly they were. I didn't know they had the unveiling of them until after I got the email about it when I got home. Nice try Nike but they still look like crap.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

Sometimes it pays to be friends with Hokie Nation on myspace. :P

uni1.jpg

uni2.jpg

uni6.jpg

uni7.jpg

I'm gonna be real with y'all: I miss the now-old uniforms. But I guess these are ok. The numbers seem to match the wordmark in a way.

I wish they'd had pictures with them in pads. It might not look so bad once fully outfitted, but I'm undecided at this point.

Another definite upgrade over their previous set. I like that there's more orange, less piping and a number font that matches the wordmark. They make their old set look like trash compared to these.

Archived