Brett Favre

Cujo

But I'm also of the feeling that the defense was a bit better than the Ravens as well (yeah, stretch, whatever). Therefore, 02 Bucs > 00 Ravens :P

lol. Of course you would say their defense was better than the 00 Ravens.

But IIRC, the Ravens went 5 weeks without scoring a touchdown, and somehow managed to win 2 of those games. Any other team in history would've went o-fer during that period. That is redamndiclous.

See: 1991 Eagles defense (ranked 1-1-1.) For several weeks, they outscored the offense and helped a team lead by Jim McMahon, Pat "Construction Crew" Ryan, Brad Goebel, and Jeff Kemp win 10 games.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Favre in SB with "mediocre" supporting cast: 1-1

Brady in SB with "mediocre" supporting cast: 3-0

Brady in SB with "stellar" supporting cast: 0-1

Just sayin'

Exactly. Where is this "Brady has all the weapons" :censored: coming from? Before Randy Moss who did Brady have that was better than Freeman or Brooks? Before Maroney who did he have that was better than Levins or Bennett? And that's just when comparing him to Favre. I am a big fan of Favre's but let's get real here. And Manning? He's had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Other than Moss, who has Brady had that even compares to those two? Manning's RB for a good chunk of those years? Edgerrin James. Maybe you've heard of him. Manning has always had "better weapons" than Brady.

I can't believe how little respect some of the people around here are giving Brady. I think it has more to do with the team he plays for than anything else. If he'd done all this in New Orleans or Cleveland this wouldn't even be a debate. Like it or not, Brady is the Joe Montana of this era.

BB52Big.jpg

Like it or not, Brady is the Joe Montana of this era.

Had Tom Brady led the Pats past the Giants in Super Bowl XLII, I would be in total agreement with you.

However, Brady failed in "the big one" -- something Joe Cool never did.

6uXNWAo.png

Before Randy Moss who did Brady have that was better than Freeman or Brooks?

Adam Vinatieri

Before Maroney who did he have that was better than Levins or Bennett?

Adam Vinatieri

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Had Tom Brady led the Pats past the Giants in Super Bowl XLII, I would be in total agreement with you.

... or Terry Bradshaw :P

I saw, I came, I left.

... or Terry Bradshaw :P

or Trent Dilfer.

So by only winning 3 titles, he doesn't deserve the accolades? I don't get the entire line of reasoning.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So by only winning 3 titles, he doesn't deserve the accolades? I don't get the entire line of reasoning.

I get it:

Curt's a Jets fan.

Brady plays for the Pats.

He deserves the accolades, he's just not "This Generation's Joe Montana"

Tom Brady never led a Super-Bowl winning touchdown drive. If Vinatieri misses some kicks, we may be talking about how Tom Brady just can't win the big one.

Anyone who has built a legacy on as shaky ground as that, I'll have my doubts about his "greatness"

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Tom Brady never led a Super-Bowl winning touchdown drive. If Vinatieri misses some kicks, we may be talking about how Tom Brady just can't win the big one.

Anyone who has built a legacy on as shaky ground as that, I'll have my doubts about his "greatness"

Why are we dealing in ifs? Dudes did what they did. They get the credit. That goes for Brady AND Favre both (and Eli, too).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Brady shouldn't be in the top 10. No way in Hell. If Peyton Manning had half the team(and scheme, and willingness to cheat) that Brady has, he'd have seven rings by now. Hell, that goes for several other quarterbacks in the league right now. Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb and Brett Favre; just to name a few off the top of my head.

As you can tell, I never punched my ticket to the Brady Bandwagon.

Brady is better than every QB you mentioned in your rant. He's one of the all-time greats. Deal with it. And as I have mentioned before, I am no fan of Boston sports but facts are facts.

The facts are that Brady hasn't done squat without Belichick. Dude didn't even start in college. The Patriots' success has a heck of a lot more to do with Belichick than it will ever have to do with Brady.

You take Brady out of the picture, and the Pats will still win ten or more games.

You take Manning out of the picture and the Colts are :censored:ed. Same with all those other quarterbacks and their respective teams. I'm not saying Brady's a bad quarterback. He just gets WAAAAAY too much of the credit.

As far as I'm concerned, he's NOT one of the all-time greats. He's good, but not great. His team would still make the playoffs with any other quarterback in the league. The Pats win because of Bill Belichick. Not Brady.

Sigs are for sissies.

Brady shouldn't be in the top 10. No way in Hell. If Peyton Manning had half the team(and scheme, and willingness to cheat) that Brady has, he'd have seven rings by now. Hell, that goes for several other quarterbacks in the league right now. Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb and Brett Favre; just to name a few off the top of my head.

Brady is better than every QB you mentioned in your rant. He's one of the all-time greats. Deal with it. And as I have mentioned before, I am no fan of Boston sports but facts are facts.

The facts are that Brady hasn't done squat without Belichick. Dude didn't even start in college. The Patriots' success has a heck of a lot more to do with Belichick than it will ever have to do with Brady.

You take Brady out of the picture, and the Pats will still win ten or more games.

You take Manning out of the picture and the Colts are :censored:ed. Same with all those other quarterbacks and their respective teams. I'm not saying Brady's a bad quarterback. He just gets WAAAAAY too much of the credit.

As far as I'm concerned, he's NOT one of the all-time greats. He's good, but not great. His team would still make the playoffs with any other quarterback in the league. The Pats win because of Bill Belichick. Not Brady.

Please send me the name of your supplier. I want to get my hands on the :censored: you're smoking. It must be better than that Pineapple Express...people will be willing to kill for it!

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

From what I can tell, he's never had to.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

This is the most ridiculous thread I've read here in a long time. Keep making excuses about Tom Brady because A.) He doesn't play for your team B.) He plays for the Patriots C.) You're arguing for arguing sake D.) You can't hide your envy any longer and E.) You're an unbearable New York sports fan who on these boards are worse than Boston, Chicago, and lately Pittsburgh combined (I'm looking at you Mets/Giants fans).

I'm a born and raised Packers fan living in Southern Mass, who admittedly somewhat follows the Patriots because they are everywhere around here, but I could careless that they lost the Super Bowl. So from a completely unbiased status, if I hear one more douchebag Giants fan proclaiming they beat the Patriots blah blah blah when it has nothing to do with conversation, and you're just sticking the fact that the G-Men won a Super Bowl in there to be an ignorant sports fan I'm going to rip my eyes out. Because the Giants beat the Patriots that doesn't tarnish Brady's career whatsoever... he's still 3-1 in the Super Bowl, CMON! Also, New York fans who the hell cares where the dude plays, it's shown through this conversation that you look past the stats and facts just to rip the dude and try to knock him down a peg, let's be honest here. Show respect to the dude, not the jersey.

/rant

You mean, except for this past Super Bowl. And lest we forget, much like you sig pic, Brady's foot was f'd up the week before and during the Super Bowl. There is no doubt that the Patriots count much of their success on Brady.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

OK, what has Favre done without Holmgren? What did Bradshaw do without Noll? Staubach without Landry? Starr without Lombardi? Manning without Dungy? If that's your argument then Joe Montana is the only QB who deserves any credit at all. He actually won a SB under two different coaches. As I said before if he were Tom Brady 3 time SB winning QB of The Jacksonville Jaguars or Arizona Cardinals there would be no debate.

Here's how entirely :censored:-ed this debate is, I am one of the biggest Boston sports bashers on this board and here I am defending Brady. I never said he was the greatest ever but to say he is not among the best to ever play is just stupid. Are you people actually watching the same NFL I am? The arguments against him seem to have a lot more to do with animosity than they do with his actual performance.

BB52Big.jpg

You mean, except for this past Super Bowl. And lest we forget, much like you sig pic, Brady's foot was f'd up the week before and during the Super Bowl. There is no doubt that the Patriots count much of their success on Brady.

This is true, but as we all know, not winning a game with 29 seconds to go on your own 26 makes you a ham n egger.

And to those who tell us that it's not Brady, it's Belichick, well....let's bring back Drew Bledsoe, shall we? Let's see who's to credit for the Patriots' success. *Gasp*- what if it's both???

Welcome to DrunjFlix

OK, what has Favre done without Holmgren? What did Bradshaw do without Noll? Staubach without Landry? Starr without Lombardi? Manning without Dungy? If that's your argument then Joe Montana is the only QB who deserves any credit at all. He actually won a SB under two different coaches. As I said before if he were Tom Brady 3 time SB winning QB of The Jacksonville Jaguars or Arizona Cardinals there would be no debate.

Well, him and Troy Aikman?

I saw, I came, I left.

Here's how entirely :censored:-ed this debate is, I am one of the biggest Boston sports bashers on this board and here I am defending Brady. I never said he was the greatest ever but to say he is not among the best to ever play is just stupid. Are you people actually watching the same NFL I am? The arguments against him seem to have a lot more to do with animosity than they do with his actual performance.

Someone should dig up the TNak hate fest on Tom Brady from last season. It was CLASSIC!

Archived