Brett Favre

Cujo

Meanwhile, in Green Bay tonight Aaron Rodgers makes his first start as QB with GB.

Hopefully next week, I will be getting my Favre Jets jersey, as he is my favorite NFLer of all time. I'm still a Packer Backer, but will be a Favre fan till I die as well.

packchampionslfroh.png

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brett Favre doesn't "fire" footballs when he throws them. Footballs are so afraid to be held by him that they fire themselves out of his hand at the first possible instant.

Seriously...that's what this whole debacle is going to turn into...a whole 'nother Chuck Norris type thing.

Incredulous Brett Favre jokes have been around a long time before his retirement fiasco.

Just incase anyone forgot to get their copy, Madden 09 was released overnight.

Here's a shot of EA's new downloadable cover featuring an updated "Jet Favre".

Madden09.png

Now, does this mean that soon EA will release the game into stores with the Jets cover and that soon the cover with Favre as a packer will become a collectors item?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Don't know - do video games have second printings? At what point have they exhaused current supply and make more? Because they certainly aren't going to pull the thing from shelves.

Normally no. Video games have initial printings and that's it, unless the game is updated tremendously (think a collector's edition DVD).

Besides, EA already said it wasn't changing the cover and was offering the new sleeve insert as a courtesy for fans.

Don't know - do video games have second printings? At what point have they exhaused current supply and make more? Because they certainly aren't going to pull the thing from shelves.

Normally no. Video games have initial printings and that's it, unless the game is updated tremendously (think a collector's edition DVD).

Besides, EA already said it wasn't changing the cover and was offering the new sleeve insert as a courtesy for fans.

NHL 2004 (I think?) had a second cover after the Dany Heatley accident

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Brett Favre doesn't "fire" footballs when he throws them. Footballs are so afraid to be held by him that they fire themselves out of his hand at the first possible instant.

Seriously...that's what this whole debacle is going to turn into...a whole 'nother Chuck Norris type thing.

Incredulous Brett Favre jokes have been around a long time before his retirement fiasco.

Leave me out of this.

Just incase anyone forgot to get their copy, Madden 09 was released overnight.

Here's a shot of EA's new downloadable cover featuring an updated "Jet Favre".

Madden09.png

I bought my copy of Madden 09 for PS2 at Wal-Mart and got a copy of the "Jet Favre" cover. B)

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Brett looked pretty good today. I'm happy about that. He's been practicing pretty well too. I've been going to the training camp everyday to watch and its clear that he is better skilled than the other three QB's. I don't see why everyone is anticipating a bad season.

Who is this everyone predicting a bad season? Hell, around here, you get chastized for failing to pray daily to St. Brett of Favre, not to mention how the vast majority of national media blowhards are falling all over themselves to *** at every chance they get.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Brett looked pretty good today. I'm happy about that. He's been practicing pretty well too. I've been going to the training camp everyday to watch and its clear that he is better skilled than the other three QB's. I don't see why everyone is anticipating a bad season.

Who is this everyone predicting a bad season? Hell, around here, you get chastized for failing to pray daily to St. Brett of Favre, not to mention how the vast majority of national media blowhards are falling all over themselves to *** at every chance they get.

You're just hot for man-on-media action.

Bow-chica-bahwhaow...

:P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You're just hot for man-on-media action.

Bow-chica-bahwhaow...

:P

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• 4 months later...

I hate to bump this (okay, not really :D), but just as last year, daily Brett Favre news is beginning to pick up again now that the season's over.

Jets running back Thomas Jones told a local radio station, "If somebody is not playing well, they need to come out of the game. You're jeopardizing the whole team because you're having a bad day. To me, that's not fair to everybody else. You're not the only one on the team. So when you get to the wire and somebody is just giving the game up, I mean, it's just not fair."

Then to pile on, a veteran Jets player (quoted anonymously) described Favre as a "distant" teammate who, when at the Jets' practice facility, spent his down time away from teammates in an office specially designated for him. "There was a lot of resentment in the room about him. He never socialized with us, never went to dinner with anyone".

So to recap: Now that the season's over and Mangini was the fall guy for the Jets' December collapse, everyone is throwing Favre under the bus -- thus letting him know he is pretty much unwelcome in New York for the 2009 season. To be continued...

6uXNWAo.png

I hate to bump this (okay, not really :D), but just as last year, daily Brett Favre news is beginning to pick up again now that the season's over.

Jets running back Thomas Jones told a local radio station, "If somebody is not playing well, they need to come out of the game. You're jeopardizing the whole team because you're having a bad day. To me, that's not fair to everybody else. You're not the only one on the team. So when you get to the wire and somebody is just giving the game up, I mean, it's just not fair."

Then to pile on, a veteran Jets player (quoted anonymously) described Favre as a "distant" teammate who, when at the Jets' practice facility, spent his down time away from teammates in an office specially designated for him. "There was a lot of resentment in the room about him. He never socialized with us, never went to dinner with anyone".

So to recap, everyone is throwing Favre under the bus, thus letting him know he was pretty much unwelcome in New York for the 2009 season. To be continued...

... stay tuned to ESPN4 (trademark of NJTank) for updates....

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived