Brett Favre

Cujo

Brett said, in an ESPN interview yesterday, that he's not going to ask the Jets to release him and that he is 100% done with the NFL ... and somehow, I believe him.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I wish the guy couldda come back for another year with the Jets. :down:

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brett said, in an ESPN interview yesterday, that he's not going to ask the Jets to release him and that he is 100% done with the NFL ... and somehow, I believe him.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I wish the guy couldda come back for another year with the Jets. :down:

so do i. who else will help the jets get squashed by the Pats, Dolphins and Bills? :cry:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I wish the guy couldda come back for another year with the Jets.

who else will help the jets get squashed by the Pats, Dolphins and Bills?

:blink:

You do know the Jets were 4-2 against the division with Brett, right?

6uXNWAo.png

I was kinda hoping he'd come back too. I like him alot, he is real fun to watch. Part of me was hoping the Ravens would have gotten him (although I'm happy with how everything worked out). Now I'm just hoping my local AJ Wright will have Favre Jets jerseys coming in the next couple months.

I really believe ol' Brett this time around. I think he's the third most overrated player of all-time (behind Joe Namath and Terry Bradshaw), but he certainly had one hell of a ride. His numbers are sick...and he's earned every single one of 'em by playing every week for damn near his entire career.

1st ballot Hall of Famer, just not one of the top 5 of all time.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• 2 years later...

Just when you thought it was safe..... Brett Favre to the Eagles?

I know this is currently just a rumor, but once Brettfavre catches wind of this, he'll be slinging footballs at his local high school. (Kind of surprised ESPN isn't slurping this story up by now.)

NO. I was just telling a co-worker yesterday how we finally get a break from Brett Favre talks, and instead we get this lockout mess. I can not handle both...

MegatronSig2.jpg

Just when you thought it was safe..... Brett Favre to the Eagles?

I know this is currently just a rumor, but once Brettfavre catches wind of this, he'll be slinging footballs at his local high school. (Kind of surprised ESPN isn't slurping this story up by now.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOxt9PoJNkg

It's really not that far fetched, considering his relationship with Andy Reid.

When they get rid of Kolb (a mistake IMO) they'll need a backup, and there's not much time for someone to come in and learn the system that Favre already knows.

I don't want it to happen AT ALL, but I could certainly see it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What a difference 2 1/2 years makes.

Never underestimate the allure of the The Farve. If he comes back as an Eagle Vick will be relegated to the bench. At least until His Farveness breaks something again.

Something like... any chance the Eagles may have had of contending in 2011.

CCSLC signature.png

Michael Vick takes to Twitter to fuel speculation....

@MikeVick I would be honored to have Brett Farve as a backup. That will be amazing Learning how to toy with defenses the way he did his whole career.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived