Brett Favre

Cujo

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favre's agent, Bus Cook, is denying that his client plans on coming out of retirement -- Which translates to Brett Favre being in uniform by Week 1 of the regular season.

6uXNWAo.png

I see ESPN4 is back at it again.

(And no, I'm not talking about a channel...I'm talking about the guy that just posted above me.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

He won't be back.

I'll eat crow, if he's suiting up come Week 1.

Like Sodboy, I won't feel safe until Week 9.

I know most teams looking at QB's. Arizona, Seattle, Tennessee, possibly Miami. Would take a healthy Favre over any of the current available QB's. But a 41 year old body, that's played this game for pretty much his entire life. Is never completely healthy. This is just the media trying to get the Favre crap started, now that we have the NFL back.

Dude will not be a backup in any system (even if Andy Reid is the architect), he told Green Bay he wasn't going to be a back up and Green Bay told him, okay, there's the door.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I don't want to see him back, because I'm oh so tired of this same old "retire and come back" routine. Logic dictates that he stays home, but Favre's antics since 2003(!) have me thinking the guy can't just let it go.

Sad way for his career to end. Had he stayed retired after his last season in Green Bay the praise for the man would be near universal. Instead he stuck it out and now most people are just annoyed at the mere mention of his name.

So ESPN thinks he's going to play. Good for ESPN.

Come on, you guys. Read the actual article. Seifert says the notion is "a preposterous idea on many levels", not that it's going to happen.

Personally, I think Murphy, Thompson and McCarthy look better every year.

So ESPN thinks he's going to play. Good for ESPN.

Come on, you guys. Read the actual article. Seifert says the notion is "a preposterous idea on many levels", not that it's going to happen.

I took the article to mean "he's coming back, but it's moronic because...."

Personally, I think Murphy, Thompson and McCarthy look better every year.

They looked great the day they ditched him. It just took a couple of years for everyone else to come around.

This thread was better when it was about killer bunnies. Officer Brett Farva just wants a god damn litre of cola and spit free food.

And to show his wrinkly bits and pieces off.

Dammit, we are talking about sauteed rabbit kidneys, not shriveled quarterback testicles!

Eh, it's all organ meat.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yep. And I'm proud to say I was with them from Minute One.

Likewise.

Hence why I've been more then a tad obnoxious on the Farve criticism. It's nice to see my point of view vindicated in the face of the rabid supporters of Lord Brett IV.

Me three. I always laugh when I see someone complaining about us supposedly self-righteous Packers fans when Brett was the one who "retired" and chose to leave when MM and TT had the audacity to hold His Favreness to his word. Personally I was glad to see him go because I lived in Green Bay during the height of FavreMania and found the Jesus-like following of the guy to be annoying and more than a tad creepy.

I didn't mind that because hey, it's sports and that happens.

I wanted Favre gone because his will-I-or-won't-I game was about to cost the Packers their quarterback of the future. They were rapidly reaching the point where they had to play Rodgers or trade him, and even at the time I knew trading him was the wrong move. The Dallas game in 2007 showed us that.

Love everything Brett did in Green and Gold, but nothing lasts forever. His time had come.

Archived