Brett Favre

Cujo

I truly apoligize if you are sick and tired of this guy, but something tells me the topic of Brett Favre's (non-)retirement transcends more than just the NFL offseason.

According to ESPN.com (who else?), Brett Favre has told the Packers that he plans on crashing Green Bay training camp as soon as this weekend. It sounds like he is going to play football in the 2008 season. Wether it will be as Green Bay's backup or to boost his trade value, I guess we'll see...

Also, Green Bay has given the New York Jets permission to speak with Favre. However, the Jets have stated they're not interested in another quarterback, plus deep down, I don't believe Brett wants to play for anyone other than the Pack. There are also Brett to Tampa Bay rumors going around, but the Bucs have expressed that they are interested in speaking with Favre, but still plan on sticking with current QB, Jeff Garcia, for '08.

This, all on top of current charges against the Vikings for player tampering and Brett's continued use of a Packers' issued cell phone, which is against league rules.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to ESPN.com (who else?), Brett Favre has told the Packers that he plans on crashing Green Bay training camp as soon as this weekend. It sounds like he is going to play football in the 2008 season. Wether it will be as Green Bay's backup or to boost his trade value, I guess we'll see...

It's my understanding that he has to attend training camp in order to be re-activated. He'll be traded, no doubt, but until he is he has to go through the motions.

I think Favre will show up for training camp, and he and the Packers will both feel all those old feelings rushing back. It won't take more than a day or two before they realize how good they are for each other, and remember why they were so good together in the first place. Kinda like the Notebook.

It will be one last look at Brett with the Pack, then off to ______________ he'll go.

If I had to rank the possible teams he'd get traded to, here is how it follows.

1. Tampa Bay

2. Baltimore

3. NY Jets

4. Washington

5. Atlanta

Dark Horse: Kansas City (they have cap room, but I doubt they'll want to bench Croyle.)

I think Favre will show up for training camp, and he and the Packers will both feel all those old feelings rushing back. It won't take more than a day or two before they realize how good they are for each other, and remember why they were so good together in the first place. Kinda like the Notebook.

Man-Card revoked for one week.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Of all the possibilities, I think Tampa is by far the most intriguing. Who knows how good that group could be if they get a decent season out of Favre. I'd love to see him in a Jets uniform too but I doubt that will happen. Kansas City would be smart to take a crack at him too. Brodie Croyle is young enough to sit behind Favre for a year or two and not lose much. Hell, it might even help his development. That said, I think the best fit for him just might be Baltimore, I just shudder at the thought of seeing Brett Favre in an ugly ass Ravens uniform.

BB52Big.jpg

There are a myriad of reasons I don't want to see Favre in a Jets uniform.

Of course, one of them is to preserve the legacy of this man and his #4:

51I0VKDP.jpg

Glenn Foley? Are you serious?? :D (nah--just playin.)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this nutcase BETTA NOT end up in Tampa. For all that is holy and just in this world...Jon, Bruce--just DON'T DO IT!!!

This dude end up wearing pewter and red and a/ I'm officially done with the Buccaneers this season (harsh, since it's the team I've pulled for since youth), and b/ I'm going to dial in the 8-digit grid coordinate of Jon Gruden's and Bruce Allen's bodies and do DAMAGE!

Do I hate the dude? Not personally...I'm just sick of the primadonna "it's all about me" aura he passes off as "indecision", and have been for about 3 years now. The thought of this dude in a Buccaneers uniform quite literally makes me sick.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

51I0VKDP.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this nutcase BETTA NOT end up in Tampa. For all that is holy and just in this world...Jon, Bruce--just DON'T DO IT!!!

This dude end up wearing pewter and red and a/ I'm officially done with the Buccaneers this season (harsh, since it's the team I've pulled for since youth), and b/ I'm going to dial in the 8-digit grid coordinate of Jon Gruden's and Bruce Allen's bodies and do DAMAGE!

Do I hate the dude? Not personally...I'm just sick of the primadonna "it's all about me" aura he passes off as "indecision", and have been for about 3 years now. The thought of this dude in a Buccaneers uniform quite literally makes me sick.

How many times dude gonna say dude in one post? Dude!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'd bet money that Jon Gruden would convince the Bucs add Brett Favre to his stable of QBs, just because he can.

Right now, its either Tampa or the Jets. I don't think he's gonna stay with Green Bay.

51I0VKDP.jpg

How many times dude gonna say dude in one post? Dude!

Him-3

You-3

I read in an interview tha Rodgers said if it was up to him, he would step down immediately to give Favre the starting spot, even though the coaching staff/management wouldn't allow it.

Aaron_Rodgers.jpg

It's my understanding that he has to attend training camp in order to be re-activated. He'll be traded, no doubt, but until he is he has to go through the motions.

Brett needs to apply for reinstatement before he can participate, and he hasn't done so yet.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Brett needs to apply for reinstatement before he can participate, and he hasn't done so yet.

All he has to do for reinstatement is send a letter of request to Roger Goodell, and Goodell has already informed the Pack's management that he intends on approving Favre to play whenever he gets the letter.

It will be one last look at Brett with the Pack, then off to ______________ he'll go.

1. Tampa Bay

2. Baltimore

3. NY Jets

4. Washington

5. Atlanta

Dark Horse: Kansas City (they have cap room, but I doubt they'll want to bench Croyle.)

Tampa dosn't need anymore QB's! lol Then again Gruden can't keep his hands away from the older QB's.

1. Tampa Bay

2. Baltimore

3. NY Jets

4. Washington

5. Atlanta

Tampa dosn't need anymore QB's! lol Then again Gruden can't keep his hands away from the older QB's.

Or older anybody, for that matter...dude.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived