Cleveland Indians - Jacobs Field 10th Anniversary Logo:

ClevelandIndians_JacobsFiel.jpg

New York Mets - Shea Stadium Aniversary Logo:

NewYorkMets_SheaStadium.jpg

Philadelphia Phillies - Citizens Bank Ballpark Inaugural Logo:

PhiladelphiaPhillies_Citize.jpg

Texas Rangers - Ballpark in Arlington Anniversary Logo:

TexasRangers_BallparkInArli.jpg

All but the Rangers' logo will be worn on the uniforms...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that Orioles logo. I don't understand the 10th Anniversary logos for the ballparks. That's just way too early to celebrate a new ballpark. The first year yes, but not until 20 at least.

BTW, the Phillies are starting all over again? It's their Inaugural Season! :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

What's up with the Shea Stadium one? The didn't incorporate a Mets logo or a Shea Stadium logo. That's pretty whacked.

I like that Orioles logo.  I don't understand the 10th Anniversary logos for the ballparks.  That's just way too early to celebrate a new ballpark.  The first year yes, but not until 20 at least.

I totally agree. That's the problem in the world of sports today. They have to have a logo for everything so in cases like this, things tend to get a little premature. But if things have to be premature I like the Ball Park in Arlington one. It's pretty cool how they vectorized a drawing of the stadium in the logo.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

What's up with the Shea Stadium one? The didn't incorporate a Mets logo or a Shea Stadium logo. That's pretty whacked.

When the Mets first opened Shea in 1964 the World Fair was going on a across the street and the had a patch that was orange and blue like taht with teh World Fair logo.

The baseball figures on it are identical to the neon baseball figures taht have decorated the stadium on the ouyside since 1987. They are ugly on the stadium and even uglier on a ptach that 40th Anniversary logo is horrendous :puke:

For the record Shea has a neon hitter, pitcher, runner and fielder and they all are pretty horrendous it does not make the stadium look very good.

I do like the Orioles log ,a dthe Phillies nt mentioning the stadium name is silly.

Also 10th Anniversay logos for a team are bad now we have them for a stadium too seech whats next yearly anniversarty patches.

Charollette Bobcats 2nd Anniversary lol.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Where were ya when I asked for these 3 months ago? ;););)

Anywho, yeah 10th anniversary stadium patches are pretty lame... i can proudly say the jays have played at the skydome for 16 seasons and had never worn a skydome patch.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ah, but the Jays did wear a 10th anniversary patch of the team in 1986. Not quite as bad as a stadium patch, and I guess a lot of teams have done the 10 year thing (Rockies, Marlins). The Mariners wore a 20th anniversary patch in 1997, which I always thought was an odd year for a patch.

And yes, that Mets patch is horrible. Square/rectangle pacthes just don't work well on a sleeve. They always take up the whole arm.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

The Mets seem to like the square rectangle look as I said when teh stadium first openbed the had one like this they also wore it in 1965 btw. Then in 1994 they had a rectangular patch honoring the 1968 Mets 25th Anniversary.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

The Phillies and Jacobs field are pretty cool, they'd look good on the uniforms. That Shea is totally lacking in design...no logos, no real form, it looks like a mural you'd expect to see at the basepark on the corridor wall.

The Arlingotn 10th looks good, but is that going to be a patch? or is it going to be a logo for programs and such? it's shape doesn't make it look much like a patch :therock:

The Phillies and Jacobs field are pretty cool, they'd look good on the uniforms. That Shea is totally lacking in design...no logos, no real form, it looks like a mural you'd expect to see at the basepark on the corridor wall.

Funny you should say that... because that is the mural on the corridor wall of Shea Stadium

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I'm pretty unimpressed with Arlington logo. I generally like iconic design more than something that illustrative, but personal tastes aside, the Arlington one looks too photorealisitc to be used as a flexible logo.

The Shea logo isn't very good IMO either, but I suppose if there is some historical value to it, I won't dig on it too much.

Everything else is pretty well executed IMO.

Wow... those logos look like a "walk through time for me"...

The Jacobs Field one feels very 1988..

The Orioles' one feels very 1992...

The Shea Stadium one ( :blink: ) feels very 1996...

The Phillies' one feels like it's actually from this millenium!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'd like to see an anniversay patch that doesn't have the logo but instead has the teams name and anniversary in some regular font like Arial.

For example the patch could look lke this:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

80TH ANNIVERSARY

And that's all there'd be to it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I dunno, I think my Shea anniversary logo is better:

shea.gif

But that's just my opinion.

:D

Wow that is so true UW and I am a Mets fan Shea is a toliet pure and simple.

The corridors are dank, the escalators are always broken, the concessionaires are slo and stupid, and their is always a foot of water in the bathroom.

There is also a sour stench throughout much of the stadium, and its best to hold your breath if you do go in to a bathroom.

The Mets really need and deserve a new stadium ASAP.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Archived