Blue Jays concept

burgundy

I was fiddling around with this concept back when there was that boom of Jays concepts, and I decided that I had become sick of all the jays concepts, so I put this one down. Now I figure, what the hell, I'll put it up. What I did was update their old logo (original I know, but stay with me here) and then veered off the beaten path and tried a script on them. I tried to make it Blue Jay-ish by putting a center-line through the script. I also made light blue the primary color, and navy as the secondary, with a bit of red for the leaf. C&C appeciated

Logos

jays-logos.png

Uniforms

jays-jrsy.png

spacer.png

LOVE all the caps/logos. Love the color scheme. Love the primaries and BP. Not sure about the alt.

The only thing that bugs me are the scripts. I think it's the fact that they are so thin and have that old Blue Jays line going through them. I think I'd just make them a solid color (with an outline).

Nice work, overall.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Interesting. Very interesting. The Blue Jays have always had a very progressive approach to design, and yet the script is a traditional tailed baseball script, with a nod to the old soccer-style numbers. I was wondering the other day how the Blue Jays could try something new that would still fit what they tend to do, and this seems like the best way to go about that. With the scripts, they seem a little thin, and having the inner line makes them look even thinner still. You ought to beef those up a little bit more, and perhaps try rendering the inner line in white on "Blue Jays" and the numbers like the championship jerseys had. It looks like the buttons are colored. I like the buttons to match the fabric, but that's me. It's a little distracting when they pop out. The sleeves could use some triple-piping to match up with the triple motif of the scripts, dark blue, light blue, white. You could even go with five (dark-light-white-light-dark), but that may be pushing it.

This is a fascinating leap forward and backward for the Blue Jays. Great work.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thanks, I'm glad you guys like it. I'll see what I can do with the script. I'll try to beef it up with and without the line. And the buttons aren't colored, I just didn't recolor them from the default gray of the template.

spacer.png

The Bird redesign is solid - old yet a new look to it. Very well done on the bird head.

I do get an 80s feel to the unis - yet still something I like about it. Nice Work!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I really like how you did the head. It kind of has a mean feel to it like the current logo does, but I have never seen anyone be able to give that logo that type of feel. Also on the maple leaf part, get rid of that little bit of red that is in the corner. It is destracting and unnesesary. I also like how you lined up the bird logo with the maple leaf. I have always been a semetrical design type of person and I think that the way you have the leaf and bird rendered accomplishes that!

Also it has always bugged me when wordmarks didn't match logos. On your logos you have the dark blue outline then a white outine then the actual graphic. The word mark I think should have that same pattern. Dark blue, white and the the actually wordmark in the lightblue. Do the same for the numbers. Also if the background is the same as the outline, just switch the outline and interior. I used that same technique in my recent Toronto Raptors concept.

Overall I loved the unis and the logos (minus that red spot on the alt) and just think you need to work on the script. Great work though!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I really enjoy this concept. My FAVORITE part is actually the "old fashioned" wordmark. I think it's colorful and fun, and very unique. Great concept.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Not bad. (**)(**)(**)

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

I absolutely love what you've done with this. Perhaps the best Blue Jays concept I've seen.

I think the script is not quite right, though. It's just a bit too fine. I think you need to thicken the letters a bit, maybe up to a third extra width all around. (Don't thicken the lines in the middle, just the overall letters.) Also make them taller in proportion to their width. Again, not a lot -- maybe 10-15 percent taller -- but they need to take up more space on the jerseys.

Also, the first T in "Toronto" just doesn't work for me. The wavy crossbar at the top just doesn't feel to me like it comes from the same font as the B and the J in "Blue Jays."

The regular home and road caps are good. But the BP cap is great. I would use it as the road cap, then switch its colors for the home cap.

But minor quibbles and suggestions, these. Very strong concept. I don't know if these would make my top-ten list in MLB, but they'd definitely be respectably high in the middle ten. A definite upgrade for Toronto.

20082614447.png

I agree with others that maybe the scripts could be a little thicker but overall I love this set. Proof once again that two shades of blue can coexist when used properly. What better way than to make up for years of ignoring the color blue than to use two shades of it!

mets.png

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for being a month late to reply, but I've been extremely swamped this past month. Anyway, thank you all very much for your comments, I'm glad so many of you like it. I doubt I'll have time to make any updates though with my school schedule. Not to mention I'm using a different computer now, and I don't have all the same fonts and files that I did. I'm basicly out of commission for a while.

spacer.png

Archived