Last Week: 9

23. South Carolina

Last Week: 24

24. UCLA

Last Week: NR

25. Illinois

Last Week: 20

Other Receiving Votes

Utah 36, Tennessee, 28 UNLV 26, East Carolina 20, California, 25, Stanford 20, Colorado 18, Arizona 17, Arkansas State 17, Louisiana Tech 16, Rice 12, TCU 11, Bowling Green 10, Buffalo 9, Oklahoma State 8, Boston College 7, Georgia Tech 7, Virginia Tech, 7, Mississippi 4, Kentucky 3, Temple 2, Wyoming 1, Nebraska 1

I think South Carolina will be saying "bye bye" to the rankings next week.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think South Carolina will be saying "bye bye" to the rankings next week.

Agreed.

I see most of you made the swap to #1 USC as well.

Slight question: How did Kentucky end up with only 3 votes? I'm not saying they deserve more, that's not where I'm going with this. I do know that I alone gave them 4 points though.

"lolwut"

I think I gave BC 6 or maybe even all 7 points, and Buffalo goes out and gets 9. Perfect! :rolleyes:

I'm interested to know who in the :censored: voted for Temple? And Arkansas State with 17, really? I just don't see how you can't find 25 teams better than some of these guys. :P

Other than that, I think the top 15 or 20 or so were pretty darn good, except I wonder how in the hell Oklahoma dropped 2 spots by putting up, oh, 50-some points in the first half. :D

And yeah, bye-bye to the "Other" USC.

I'm interested to know who in the :censored: voted for Temple? And Arkansas State with 17, really? I just don't see how you can't find 25 teams better than some of these guys. :P

I don't remember my exact list, but I'm pretty sure that's me on both counts. ;) I've got my own rating system, and the first few weeks are gonna have some "lolwut" rankings from me until the big boys start proving their mettle.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I don't remember my exact list, but I'm pretty sure that's me on both counts. ;) I've got my own rating system, and the first few weeks are gonna have some "lolwut" rankings from me until the big boys start proving their mettle.

Like Eastern Carolina?

I mean, the upset was good, but let's not jump on the Cinderella bandwagon quite yet.

Like Eastern Carolina?

I mean, the upset was good, but let's not jump on the Cinderella bandwagon quite yet.

Yes, like Eastern Carolina. I'm not on their bandwagon (although I wouldn't mind it if they made some serious noise); they simply have proven more in their one game than other teams did in theirs. Hype, in my opinion, isn't needed in rankings. It's all about what's done on the field.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Ha, I do too but I figure I'll just do the first few weeks by heart until the ratings start to work themselves out. :)

Out of curiosity, do you do them by hand or use a program like Football Rankulator?

Archived