Ravens Helmet by Luke Hayman

santoleri3

Also, to preface, this month's (Sept. 2008) GQ magazine delivered this week, had this concept along with others for the Ravens under a story titled, "We're living in a New Golden Age of Football: 73 Reasons the Game is Better Than Ever". They asked three designers, "Why The Ravens Helmet is So Ugly". You saw #3 from Pentagram, but there was also ones from Ken DeLago, Art Director for Golf Digest and Arem Duplessis, Art Director for The New York Times Magazine.

Overall a good read. 27 pages. incl. ads, dedicated to the NFL is good for a magazine like GQ. Plus it has "haters" with their comments such as Jim Brown, Deacon Jones, and John Riggins, but they are barely two column inches so a short read. The issue is not as good as this month's with Eli on the cover, but I digress.

Peterson story from GQ: http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_7405

If it weren't for the whole security guard thing, I would recommend that the Ravens adopt this look as soon as NFL rules allow, glowing eyes and all.

:upside:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

If it weren't for the whole security guard thing, I would recommend that the Ravens adopt this look as soon as NFL rules allow, glowing eyes and all.

:upside:

You just can't bring yourself to say anything negative about the Ravens can you? lol

I bet you like the B on the helmet logo, don't you?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I just hate the team name 'Ravens' it bugs the crap out of me, couldn't they name their team something better than a bird that most people hate? That's my take on it.

Should I even both to mention the whole Edgar Allen Poe thing at this point?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Remove the B from the logos and you're fine. I don't get the love some people have for the winged shield. It was ridiculous looking and was a poor choice for a name like Ravens.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Whoa, I didn't even notice the feathers until right now. And I saw this right when it was posted. That means some ideas of his were subtly stupid, not just obviously dumb.

Whoa, I didn't even notice the feathers until right now. And I saw this right when it was posted. That means some ideas of his were subtly stupid, not just obviously dumb.

I'm a Ravens fan and I think they should go with the secondary "front Facing" Raven head as the helmet and primary logo. I do not like the heckle and jekle Raven on the helmet, nor do I like the "B" on the Raven and pants leg. I also don't care for the "police shield" logo either. Put the secondary on the helmet and bring back the original full Raven on the sleeves. Oh - and bring back the black road pants (WITH stripes) and ditch the black monochromes will we're at it and we're all set.

:P

I just hate the team name 'Ravens' it bugs the crap out of me, couldn't they name their team something better than a bird that most people hate? That's my take on it.

Ya I understand, but Ravens just isn't a good name for a football team. I can understand for a college, but not a NFL team.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Ya I understand, but Ravens just isn't a good name for a football team. I can understand for a college, but not a NFL team.

I disagree. I love the Ravens name. In fact, I think it is one of the best names in football along with a great color scheme that naturally compliments them from the mascot.

I was surprised at how terrible all those helmets in the article were. They were done by some really high profile firms/people, too. I suppose I like that they were 'different' than the current status quo for sports logo or helmet graphic, but they all sucked real bad.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 4 weeks later...
I was surprised at how terrible all those helmets in the article were. They were done by some really high profile firms/people, too. I suppose I like that they were 'different' than the current status quo for sports logo or helmet graphic, but they all sucked real bad.

Im sorry, but that helmet is absolutly terrible...

ohiostate.pngclevelandbrowns.png

Archived