The NHL over the next 15 years (2025-26)

josh_cat_eyes

i might be your biggest critic if the jackets jersey isn't good

i would like to see a red alternate

I currently don't have a red alternate, but I promise you that you will like the jerseys. They are my MOST "modern" to date.

I may try to work in a red alt using a different template as the the home and away though.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well here is my first update in a while. I was working on an alternate jersey tonight, but I couldn't get anything I liked that was different from this set but fit in. If I come up with something I will post it but for now this is what I have for the Columbus Blue Jackets:

Home:

Concept-ColumbusBlueJacketsHomeJers.png

Road

Concept-ColumbusBlueJacketsRoadJers.png

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

The Blue Jackets' set of jerseys definitely fit the whole futuristic theme. Nicely done.

I still don't think I understand this futuristic theme idea. I made this thread to show what I think teams will look like in the future. Just because the Jackets one is the only one that looks like all these new jerseys doesn't mean the rest are not futuristic. Like look at the red wings. They have had the same logo, and jerseys for over 50 years. So ANY change for them would be futuristic would it not? Anyway, I have always thought that the Jackets would look cool like that anyway.

The Blue Jackets one is pretty good. But why the gap between the small and large stripes on the waist, compared to the striping without the gap on the shoulders/arms? It ruins the continuity.

Well I originally had the waste designed like the logo. But I felt it was too much, so instead of 5 stripes, I made it 3. But then that looked too crowded too. So I took it down to the one stripe. I then proceeded to made the rest of the jersey and I was like, what if I added arms like the sabres. At first I had the intire arm colored. But it ended up working out the way I posted it. I removed the space after I had it like this, but it looked two akward so I just put it back. I tried fooling around trying to add a space in the other parts but it looked too forced.

The Blue Jackets' set of jerseys definitely fit the whole futuristic theme. Nicely done.

I still don't think I understand this futuristic theme idea. I made this thread to show what I think teams will look like in the future. Just because the Jackets one is the only one that looks like all these new jerseys doesn't mean the rest are not futuristic. Like look at the red wings. They have had the same logo, and jerseys for over 50 years. So ANY change for them would be futuristic would it not?

I don't see why it is so hard to comprehend, but I will try to explain it. When someone reads "futuristic" regarding a design...usually that means a lot of forward thinking and out-of-the-box ideas are presented. We all know that it is VERY likely for the Red Wings, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cleveland Browns' helmet, and things like this will stay the same even 50 years ahead. That doesn't make it a "futuristic" look.

Think about when you see car concepts in magazines. Does it look like they took a 1991 Honda Civic and added a few stripes or introduced a different tail light? No. There are ENORMOUS changes to the design of it because the idea of "futuristic design" implies lots of unique and very different design elements than what is currently the norm.

Until your Blue Jackets concept (and even that one is pushing it), all the rest have not been futuristic. The thread has been a let down overall and misleading because of the title. It could have easily said "My Take on The NHL for 2009". Because that connection can be made and because the title could be changed to that and no one would skip a beat- your designs are not futuristic.

Check out the Turn Ahead The Clock baseball uniforms. Those were futuristic. You just aren't thinking outside of the box and it is disappointing to have been following a thread for pages about the alignment...and then actually see the concepts to accompany them.

Things that aren't common and may be "futuristic" for whatever reason:

1. Nameplates in odd position.

2. Logo in odd position.

3. Different fabric than normal or appearance of different fabric (think Oregon football jerseys with steel imprint).

4. Abstract stripes, piping, and coloring.

5. Different color scheme than the current.

Those aren't requirements, as obviously I didn't hop out from a portal in 2030 with some guidelines, but I think those are some things that people expect when thinking "futuristic".

/end rant

I still don't think I understand this futuristic theme idea. I made this thread to show what I think teams will look like in the future. Just because the Jackets one is the only one that looks like all these new jerseys doesn't mean the rest are not futuristic. Like look at the red wings. They have had the same logo, and jerseys for over 50 years. So ANY change for them would be futuristic would it not?

I don't see why it is so hard to comprehend, but I will try to explain it. When someone reads "futuristic" regarding a design...usually that means a lot of forward thinking and out-of-the-box ideas are presented. We all know that it is VERY likely for the Red Wings, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cleveland Browns' helmet, and things like this will stay the same even 50 years ahead. That doesn't make it a "futuristic" look.

Think about when you see car concepts in magazines. Does it look like they took a 1991 Honda Civic and added a few stripes or introduced a different tail light? No. There are ENORMOUS changes to the design of it because the idea of "futuristic design" implies lots of unique and very different design elements than what is currently the norm.

Until your Blue Jackets concept (and even that one is pushing it), all the rest have not been futuristic. The thread has been a let down overall and misleading because of the title. It could have easily said "My Take on The NHL for 2009". Because that connection can be made and because the title could be changed to that and no one would skip a beat- your designs are not futuristic.

Check out the Turn Ahead The Clock baseball uniforms. Those were futuristic. You just aren't thinking outside of the box and it is disappointing to have been following a thread for pages about the alignment...and then actually see the concepts to accompany them.

2. Logo in odd position.

3. Different fabric than normal or appearance of different fabric (think Oregon football jerseys with steel imprint).

Those aren't requirements, as obviously I didn't hop out from a portal in 2030 with some guidelines, but I think those are some things that people expect when thinking "futuristic".

/end rant

So many good points.

2. Logo in odd position.

/end rant

Well...let me ask you something. Would you like to see me start over? Redo what I have already done. Because I am willing to do just that. I just thought the whole idea of the thread was not to make anything look futurisic but rather to show what I think the teams could look like 20 years down the road. Oh and just to comment about the cars reference you made. Cars change with the times because it will help sales among lots of other thinks. But hockey jerseys are not cars. They could stay the same forever and nobody would care.

• 1 month later...
Well here is my first update in a while. I was working on an alternate jersey tonight, but I couldn't get anything I liked that was different from this set but fit in. If I come up with something I will post it but for now this is what I have for the Columbus Blue Jackets:

Home:

Road

Looks awesome. A red alternate would really look sharp. Nice Job

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Home:

Road

Really, stop bumping old topics.

And the team is called the Blue Jackets because Union soldiers wore blue. If they wore red, they would be the British...

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Home:

Road

Seigel AGAIN!!!

Third on Ive seen today.

There are date stamps on the top of every post telling the time, day, month, and year.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

• 1 year later...

Archived