Jersey Wearin' Protocol

hjwii

Your definitely never too old. I am close to 40. I have over 200 fitted caps, mostly throwbacks, and about half dozen jerseys. There is nothing cooler when you are wearing the Seattle Pilots or St. Louis Browns caps and random person says "cool hat"

That reminds me of a while back, I was walking down the sidewalk wearing one of the best jerseys ever created, "The Whale", and some guy yells out from his car, "Go Whalers!" I thought that was pretty cool, considering they've been defunct for about 10 years, and I was in LA.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree about BallWonk's assessment about self confidence. There days I want to wear a jersey that but once I get it on and think about the errands I am about to run, I second guess myself. I also feel part of it is how the jersey fits. I have a hockey jersey collection of about 85 that varies from L to XL with a XXL thrown in there and from 48 to 52. If I'm just wearing a jersey around town, Its almost always a L or 48 since they look proportional on me. As I've gotten a bit smaller the XL which I bought to make sure would always fit, kinda look a bit big, not bad, but not as good as a large. The XXL and 52s are reserved for games, as that's how they are worn, and the crowd there will appreciate and understand that.

I have recently gotten into football jerseys, and while I feel they can be ok tucked in, I prefer not to tuck any shirts in and with hockey jerseys being my main vice, its hard for me to do so. I was browsing ebay recently and some game worn Seahawks jerseys came up and I saw that a few players who are not on the line have had the length shortened and elastic put it. I'm debating this for the authentic 52 I picked up. Its a good size in all areas but the length. I don't know if I would go with elastic or not, what do you guys think?

f7df_12.jpg

SEAsig.png

I'm bout as avid a jerseholic as most any other collector...but I ain't got CLOSE to as many as some up in here.

I've since sold off a couple of my basketball ones (made some nice change from those, too), but I believe I still have close to 20 total jerseys. The thing is, though...I tend to go for ones I KNOW ain't nobody else got or gon even THINK of getting. TO date, I (have since sold) a Nate Thrumond BGSU jersey, a Drazen Petrovic Nets jump from '91 I believe, and a Brazilian national team jersey.

I still have all my football ones, ranging from my Fran Tarkenton Vikes, to my Steve Tasker (yeah--Steve Tasker...how many people remember HIM?) Bills, to my Hardy Nickerson Buccaneers one (quite possibly my favorite), and about three or four Steelers ones (among them quite possibly the only Tony Dungy throwback ever produced). And I may be the only non-KC resident with a Tamba Hali joint.

Recently I've gotten hold of an Ireland rugby jersey and a Bosnian national team shirt, as well. (That's the benefit of being amongst a cornucopia of coalition troops!)

I still rock 'em proudly...I on't care what nobody say! :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well at most I had around 50 jerseys but gave 20 or so away. I'm 30 and I don't wear jerseys as often as I used to (every other day in college) but I still wear them. Games, errands, and lounging around the house usually get jersey wearing time.

As for fitteds I have at least 40 or so but most likely I wear various Angels Hats (including my favorite with the Halo on the crown) and SDSU hats when I am running around town.

sig.jpg

I just turned 45 and wear mine whenever I feel like it. Go ahead and look down on me while you're wearing your $85 Ralph Lauren pink and yellow polo shirt because what I'm wearing cost more than your embarrassing look.

I have many, many jerseys and haven't gone through all the trouble of getting them and then not wearing them.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I have over 250 jersies but only collect Manchester United jersies now, of which I have over 30. I'm 44 and wear my jersies whenever and wherever I want. I don't give a rats a** if someone thinks I'm too old to wear a jersey. Life is too short to worry about what people think......

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

im 24, and i have no problem wearing any of my jerseys outside of the house. most of my Caps jerseys get me weird looks but i dont really give a damn. i have 5 Caps jerseys, 7 hockey jerseys in all, 3 Redskins jerseys, 2 Nats jerseys and a DC United jersey. i dont think i'll ever stop wearing my jerseys out. at work i really cant unless its friday. i honestly dont care what others think, and i'll wear my jerseys wherever and whenever.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'm 47 and couldn't care less what people think when I wear a jersey or any kind of ballcap.

With that said, I only wear jerseys on game day and not simply as if they're just another shirt in my closet. I wear ballcaps any time.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

38, and the last time I wore a jersey out in public was when my son was born, and I proudly rocked my Birmingham Bolts replica.

Mind you, we went into labour at 3 am, so I just grabbed something out of the closet and ran with it.

I don't really go out of my way to buy them anymore, unless I see something cool on eBay and place a bid (it's my mission to own the other 9 XFL jerseys at some point), or like someone else said, it's one of "my" teams (Wpg Jets, Blackhawks, Wild, Canucks, Bombers, Packers, Cubs).

I've decided to collect 5950s instead of jerseys, mainly because they're a helluva lot cheaper, and now that I know how to remove the backing in the front panels, they look better, too.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I was the manager of my hoops team in college and have a bunch of late 80s/early 90s basketball jerseys and warmups from the North Atlantic (now America East) Conference. I don't wear them, typically as they don't fit (I'm not a 6'8 210 lb. forward) but I give them as gifts to friends who went to those schools.

I also have a bunch of hockey and football jerseys from my alma mater (Northeastern) that I'll wear to games now and then.

My wife frowns upon it, and my kids call it "dad's freebie wardrobe" but for things like big Northeastern games or homecoming, I'm sporting the black and red.

I've got around 40 NBA jerseys, of which 12 are Charlotte/N.O. Hornets. The rest are vintage, mostly pre-1990. I tend to go for game issue Sand Knit-type jerseys, I don't like replicas and I'm not keen on the M&N jerseys.

As for wearin' 'em, if it's warm enough I'll throw a jersey on. All my jerseys are a slimmer fit (as the older ones tend to be), so they don't look too baggy. Won't wear a jersey over any other clothes though, that never looks right.

Don't wear caps, as they tend to make me look too much like a child molester.

I'm 26, and I'll generally only wear jerseys if I'm going to a game or if I'm going to a bar to watch the game. Sometimes I wear them around the house for "good luck" if one of my teams is playing in a big game, but that's about it.

Caps are a different matter. I'll wear those anywhere. Some of my favorites are the original Brewers hat with the gold "M" on the front, the old Los Angeles Angels hat with the silver halo on top, and the white/cream colored A's "coaches" hat from the 1970s.

(it's my mission to own the other 9 XFL jerseys at some point)

Good luck with that, since there were only 8 teams. I will say that collecting the set when I did ('02-'03) took a lot less effort and money than it does now. But since they're mostly too big for me now, I may be able to assist you in your quest...

Anyway, I'm 29, and the owner of about 100 jerseys. I've been lucky in that my career has no real dress code, so wearing jerseys can be a fairly regular occurrence for me. I like the way they look and the way I look and feel in them. My collection is mainly hockey, with a fair amount of football and baseball, and a few soccer shirts. During my move I realized that a few jerseys of mine, while cool or unique, are things I simply don't wear. So, up for sale they shall go. It's a collection, but like spyboy's, it's a usable collection.

In regard to the "tuck" rule: I own two ArenaFL authentic jerseys that hanve to be tucked in - otherwise, they're almost down to my knees, and it's just not comfortable or a good look. Other than that, I go untucked - though it's important to tuck in your undershirt if it would otherwise hang below the jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm 47 and couldn't care less what people think when I wear a jersey or any kind of ballcap.

With that said, I only wear jerseys on game day and not simply as if they're just another shirt in my closet. I wear ballcaps any time.

I'm also 47 and wearing an Ohio State jersey as I type this. I have about 20 jerseys. I wear them whenever I think it's OK or appropriate to wear them. And usually only when it's warm enough to wear them. They don't see much action once it gets cold out. Whoever said it's all about confidence hit the nail right on the head. If you think you look goofy wearing it then you will look goofy wearing it. That applies to all clothes not just jerseys. If you enjoy them then wear them. :censored: what anyone thinks about it. It works for me anyway.

BB52Big.jpg

I think it's fine to wear jerseys whenever and wherever with one exception: don't show up to a game wearing your team's jersey when they are not playing, i.e. I'd never wear a Mets jersey to a Yanks-Sox game or Phillies-Braves game. Other than that I think it is up to the individual, who cares what other people think. There's plenty of things I see people wearing that are supposedly "in fashion" that I think look absolutely ridiculous so I really don't care if those people think I look like an idiot in my jersey.

mets.png

Archived