ESPN MNF new scoreboard

TrueYankee26

I think it looks like garbage. I loved it the last few years because it was so small. We don't need the screen taken up by graphics. I don't need to constantly have scores scrolling across the screen. This is just more crap to clutter the screen. It takes up way too much space.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Simply awful. Definite downgrade and now the worst of all the networks. The huge "ESPN Monday Night Football" logo does not need to be on the sceen 99% of the game.

I understand what they are trying to do with keeping most of the graphics at the bottom, but when there isn't a need for anything in the space, it should be transparent. Move the score bar to the bottom of the screen, and when you need a second line for stats, temporarily slide it up for a few seconds.

And to think ESPN was saying how proud they were of this new package, lol.

I think it looks like garbage. I loved it the last few years because it was so small. We don't need the screen taken up by graphics. I don't need to constantly have scores scrolling across the screen. This is just more crap to clutter the screen. It takes up way too much space.

Exactly.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I remember back in the day when the score board was only shown during a timeout or a stop in play. Then Came FOX with the now infamous FOX BOX. I think it is about high time for the FCC stepped up to the plate and put a permanent moritorium on the sports graphic score board and other things that have deliberately cluttered our TV screeens resulting in distracting our viewing!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Eh, it's ok. Not as good as FSN's college coverage or the other channels that carry the NFL...but it's damn sure better than their college football coverage. There is so much :censored: going on in those that the game's almost secondary.

But yeah, its ok. Nothing terrible.

As long as there are no robots running across the screen and no glow pucks, I'm fine with wherever they put the graphics and whatever they do with them. I don't watch the game for the graphics, I watch it for the uniforms! :lol:

Last night on SNF, their scoreboard was malfunctioning or something (I think that's what Al Michaels said), and the screen was just football for a long time. On my HDTV, it was beautiful.

I get over-the-air HD in Seattle on channel 5.1. Due to the abilities of digital broadcasting, maybe one day there will be a no-graphics option on 5.2 or something. We've been promised interactive TV for years and years. How about it?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I appreciate that it says "ESPN MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL" at the bottom the entire time, or else I wouldn't know the channel, day of the week, time of day, or sport I was watching.

Yeah, I love when the scoreboard malfunctions and it's just pure football.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't like how they don't put down and distance on the scorebar. I keep looking for it and can't find it. I know they have an "on field" graphic but that isn't always visible.

QFT. The down and distance should always be on the screen. That and the score are what most people are looking for. It's just so damn annoying to have to sit and wait just to see the down and distance...

Last night on SNF, their scoreboard was malfunctioning or something (I think that's what Al Michaels said), and the screen was just football for a long time. On my HDTV, it was beautiful.

I get over-the-air HD in Seattle on channel 5.1. Due to the abilities of digital broadcasting, maybe one day there will be a no-graphics option on 5.2 or something. We've been promised interactive TV for years and years. How about it?

Exactly! I'd love to be able to leave the score off the screen or adjust the size.. anything, really. I have an HD cable box and I've been really impressed with the games so far.

Archived