Raiders in white at home

bigcoyotes

insidebayarea.com reports the jersey switch:

insidebayarea.com

"Raiders ditch the black, wear white for today's game

Staff

Article Last Updated: 09/28/2008 12:57:53 PM PDT

So much for tradition. For perhaps the first time since coming to Oakland, the Raiders will take the field today without their signature black jerseys.

The Raiders will be wearing their white road jerseys against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday. Although no reason was given, the hot weather could have played a factor in the Raiders shunning their dark side for a day.

What's next? Your local UPS driver outfitted in yellow?"

raiders-2.png

insidebayarea.com

Staff

So much for tradition. For perhaps the first time since coming to Oakland, the Raiders will take the field today without their signature black jerseys.

The Raiders will be wearing their white road jerseys against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday. Although no reason was given, the hot weather could have played a factor in the Raiders shunning their dark side for a day.

Well if they were in yellow wouldn't they be advertising the UPS Store?

insidebayarea.com

Staff

Maybe they work for DHL.

EDIT: I just noticed the subheading has "WFT?" WTF?

I saw, I came, I left.

This had to have been planned for a while. Teams are required by the league to announce their color jersey home schedule for the upcoming season in the Spring.

Wow, I never knew that.

I always thought the away team was notified the week of the game which color the home team would be wearing and that they would act accordingly.

Hmmm... interesting what you learn on these glorious boards.

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

This had to have been planned for a while. Teams are required by the league to announce their color jersey home schedule for the upcoming season in the Spring.

Wow, I never knew that.

I always thought the away team was notified the week of the game which color the home team would be wearing and that they would act accordingly.

Hmmm... interesting what you learn on these glorious boards.

You have to declare in the offseason what jersey you'll wear for each regular-season home game. If you decide to make a change later, you have to ask the visiting team for permission.

The reason I now know this is because the Saints started off wearing white at home two years ago, but after the first game or somewhere close to that, the players asked coach Sean Payton to let them wear black. The story goes the Saints contacted the visiting teams on their schedule and all but Tampa Bay and Cincinnati agreed to the switch. The Tampa game was the Saints' second home game, then the Saints wore black at home for Philly and Baltimore, followed by the seemingly random white game vs. Cincy (which makes sense after you find out Cincy nixed the Saints' request to wear black). The Saints wore black the final three regular-season home games and one playoff home game that season.

insidebayarea.com

Staff

Maybe they work for DHL.

EDIT: I just noticed the subheading has "WFT?" WTF?

I put WTF because the Raiders have worn Black at home since 1960 untill yesterday. So I thought WTF fit well as a subheading

raiders-2.png

Never in a million years have I thought the Raiders would wear white in Oakland, unless they stayed in L.A.

What's next, the Cubs finally going to the World Series?

That's absurd.

Actually, those are both absurd. No reason the Raiders should wear white at home. Completely wrong, as demonstrated by the result.

Packers-2.png

As a longtime Raider fan, it was a surprise to me as well. But the rumor is that next year they will be wearing white at home all the time. But they are switching to the older white with grey numbers. The ones they wore in 94 for the 75th anniversary.

Which I have been wishing for a long time. These are my favorite unis they've ever worn.

Take this rumor for what it is, but its from a reputable source.

Cheers

Archived