MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Boston will back to bat, there go Bay, Kotsay and Varitek.

Varitek isn't going very well at bat during the postseason... and will close this game with the final out.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Drew strikes out. Inning over no runs allowed.

If that is how a guy who has only been in the majors since September is going to react when put in that situation the Rays are going to be a good team for a long time.

Yes... until the Rays start to sell some players... like the Marlins after winning the World Series.

pennants.png

If he went, wasn't by much. Not a call the home plate ump should make. Good call, none-the-less.

Sox blew this game. To be completely unable to scrape across even a run there is inexcusable.

They're the Sox. This game is not over yet.

If he went, wasn't by much. Not a call the home plate ump should make. Good call, none-the-less.

Sox blew this game. To be completely unable to scrape across even a run there is inexcusable.

That's true, but the guy's coming up don't give too much reason for optimism.

Papi got an 88 MPH fastball at the letters... if he was right, that pitch would've been gone.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yes, they are the Sox... remember all the history before 2004. We lost the 1975 WS after a marvelous Game 6.

Sometimes we have some luck, this time luck didn't came tonight.

pennants.png

Based on the fact that the Umpire punched him out emphatically I assumed it was a called strike 3 and whether or not the batter swung was irrelevant.

Well, it's done for Boston. :(

It was truly the time to break out the game.

Boy is that annoying. The game isn't over yet, your team continues to pull out come-from-behind wins, and you quit.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Papi got an 88 MPH fastball at the letters... if he was right, that pitch would've been gone.

Papi Ortiz already had his at-bat two men ago.

pennants.png

Based on the fact that the Umpire punched him out emphatically I assumed it was a called strike 3 and whether or not the batter swung was irrelevant.

Nah, he pointed at the bat I thought. If that was a called third strike, it's like game two all over again.

IUe6Hvh.png

Papi Ortiz already had his at-bat two men ago.

I know this. I'm just saying.

IUe6Hvh.png

He pointed straight first though, and the point as far as I've ever been able to tell means the ump is calling the swing.

If he was calling it by location it was an even worse call.

I have no sympathy for Boston, though.

Archived