MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

My congratulations to all the fans of Tampa Bay Rays.

At least my Red Sox fought it all the way until the last game, not until the fifth game losing by 7 or more at Fenway Park. They fell like lions, the defending champions.

2009 will be a promising year for the Red Sox. Let's go Sox!!!

Absolutely. I hope the Rays know that the Red Sox aren't going to be any easier next year. With such free agents as AJ Burnett, Ben Sheets and CC Sabathia, as well as pending rumors of Jake Peavy to Boston, the Sox will be much better next season.

As for the series, I thank the Rays and Red Sox for making it a very exciting one. Enjoy this one, Rays fans! And to the Rays, win it for the American League!!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Mets fan I feel a bit of a kinship to this Rays team, you are the 1969 Mets incarnate I wish I was alive to see that, and you are playing a team I absolutely hate, so go Rays.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Dear MLB,

Please tell me this is the final year TBS covers a LCS. I feel that they could put the tv time to better use, such as Steve Harvey or Frank TV.

Signed,

Baseball fans everywhere.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Red Sox definitely have the heart of a champion. They gave it their all, and refused to quit, even while they were getting mollywocked at Fenway. Two amazing teams. This series was definitely a classic. The former champs just came up a little bit short. ITH ended up being right about that bases loaded opportunity yielding NO RUNS.

Awesome game, great to see the Rays pull it out. I just wish they could have done it in Fenway. Their going to be tough the next couple seasons. So many great players doing so much at a young age. They'll only get better with more experience. Its going to be tough for my Orioles to contend again anytime soon (hopefully Hank Steinbrenner runs the Yanks into the ground).

Eh, Sox had their chances.

Considering Beckett's hurt and Lowell didn't play in this series, forcing 7 was impressive. Few breaks here or there and it's a different series... oh well.

Yeah, with all the injured people, Boston did a decent role in this series. As I said, at least Boston fell fighting like a lion in the very last game, not one before the seventh game.

I'm sad but not disappointed.

My congratulations to all the fans of Tampa Bay Rays.

At least my Red Sox fought it all the way until the last game, not until the fifth game losing by 7 or more at Fenway Park. They fell like lions, the defending champions.

2009 will be a promising year for the Red Sox. Let's go Sox!!!

Absolutely. I hope the Rays know that the Red Sox aren't going to be any easier next year. With such free agents as AJ Burnett, Ben Sheets and CC Sabathia, as well as pending rumors of Jake Peavy to Boston, the Sox will be much better next season.

As for the series, I thank the Rays and Red Sox for making it a very exciting one. Enjoy this one, Rays fans! And to the Rays, win it for the American League!!

I usually root for the American League but the Yankees. I also would root for the Rays but now the Phillies are in the World Series. Only for this time I'd like the Phillies winning it all, they are a likeable team. :)

But if the Rays will finish winning the World Series, for me it's OK, why not try it?

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Someone double-check this for me.....

Aside from the Rangers and Expos/Nationals, every other current team has now made an appearance in the World Series since the Cubs last made it in 1945.....

add Seattle to that list

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Someone double-check this for me.....

Aside from the Rangers and Expos/Nationals, every other current team has now made an appearance in the World Series since the Cubs last made it in 1945.....

The Mariners are World Series virgins...

Let's read The division that won it all.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived