MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

Once upon a time ago (more accurately four years ago) I thought a 3-1 Red Sox comeback was the coolest thing since sliced bread.

It was 3-0 first, regardless of what TBS wants you to believe.

In the process the Boston bandwagon grew larger and larger just like that ridiculous nearby Pats wagon did. Fans wanted to say they were Boston fans just to sound cool (like it does here in Utah...because we dont have teams...and to these hicks here it sounds cool to be a Sox fan) and all that hoopla.

I may be a little out of touch with your comments here, but aren't you claiming to be a bandwagon junky as well? First with the Red Sox, and now with the Rockies?

tired of Beckett and the gazzillion necklaces thrown arouind his neck

While we're on the Beckett notion, let's not forget about that ridiculous facial hair. Really Josh? You think that looks good?

tired of seeing J.D. Drew and that lazy punch-swing get more lucky hits

J.D. Drew may appear lackadaisical and just completely uninterested in baseball. He may wear down constantly, have a "why am I here, and where's the nearest exit?" look on his face repeatedly. Sitting in the dugout he may look like he died and nobody told him yet, but that man has more raw baseball talent in his pinky finger alone than 98% of current MLB players have in their entire body. No outcome of his is lucky. When he actually plays to his potential he can be one of the top 3 players in baseball (see June 2008). He drives me absolutely nuts with his approach to the game (i.e. turn it up when he desires, like when he plays the D-Backs or in the postseason), but the man can bat, he can battle, and he can get the clutch hit whenever he wants. I think half the time he appears so lazy because it's just so easy and natural for him.

No, not really on the bandwagoning thing. Well sort of, but not with the Rockies. I've always liked the Rockies, theyre basically Utah's hometown team (depending on which area you live in of course, otherwise you're a D'Back fan). I'm just one of the few here in the state that recognize that.

Well, with Drew, I was more talking about his swing than his natural talent. I know he has talent, that showing of his at the All-Star Game was something to see. I just hate that swing. It has no effort, he shouldnt hit a ball five feet with that stupid little woos jab he has. But yet he ends up hitting it in just the right place with he right pop, hence the labeling "lucky hits." And it always comes in the wrong time (for Boston its the right time), which ticks me off.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone agree with me that Kevin Youkilis is the ugliest man they've seen in a major league uniform?

That batting stance... the beard... the shaved head.. his teeth... his smile.. his ears... just everything about him....

I would go on a I hate the Sox and Boston rant... but It's already been done several times over... once by me...

GAH!!!!!!!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Does anyone agree with me that Kevin Youkilis is the ugliest man they've seen in a major league uniform?

That batting stance... the beard... the shaved head.. his teeth... his smile.. his ears... just everything about him....

I would go on a I hate the Sox and Boston rant... but It's already been done several times over... once by me...

GAH!!!!!!!

I've seen uglier...

179420323_6667bf4c15_m.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

GAH!!!!!!!

I've seen uglier...

179420323_6667bf4c15_m.jpg

Nah... probably still give it to Youk

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Tampa, please put an ending to Sawks fans bloviating tonight. Please!!!!!!

Signed,

Everyone who isn't a Sawks fan...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

p1_phanatic.jpg

No this guy is the ugliest man or whatever the hell it is in a MLB uniform.

Apparently you haven't seen Phillies manager Uncle Charlie Manuel:

phillies5.jpg

Or first-base coach Davey "Klingon" Lopes:

lopesLR.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Anyone who rings a cow bell during a baseball game does not deserve to witness a World Series.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived