MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

Ok, magically, pitches that were called balls for the Boston batters, are now strikes for the Rays. WTF? And McClelland is doing his patented step back and wait 5 minutes before showing the strike sign.

Looks like MLB's gonna have their way and put Boston vs Philadelphia in the World Series.

Kind of like that final inning of game two where Price got a call 6 inches off of the plate and Timlin couldn't buy a strike, eh?

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a painful World Series this will be Sox vs Phillies guh.

The Rays are down by just 2 runs with 9 outs to go, and you're already writing them off for the rest of the series??

...That's just like saying the Mets were completely done when they were 7 games out in late-May. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

I can honestly say that if it's Boston-Philly I doubt I'll even watch it. But if I do watch it I'll be doing something I've never done before; rooting for a Philadelphia team. God, FOX will make that series feel like we're watching it on NESN.

BB52Big.jpg

I can honestly say that if it's Boston-Philly I doubt I'll even watch it. But if I do watch it I'll be doing something I've never done before; rooting for a Philadelphia team. God, FOX will make that series feel like we're watching it on NESN.

I'ma be real with you: The Red Sox is probably the only Boston team I can stand, but IF THE SOX MAKE IT, I probably won't watch the series unless it ends up being exciting, and of course I'll have to avoid ESPN like the plague.

I know most of you don't like the "Sawx", but you don't think this series is exciting? Took a few games to get going, but right now it's only 4-2 Boston. A 2-run lead this late is still close.

Too many of you are just writing off the whole thing because Boston's in it. Why not just sit back and enjoy some baseball for the sake of the love of the sport?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I know most of you don't like the "Sawx", but you don't think this series is exciting? Took a few games to get going, but right now it's only 4-2 Boston. A 2-run lead this late is still close.

Too many of you are just writing off the whole thing because Boston's in it. Why not just sit back and enjoy some baseball for the sake of the love of the sport?

Cuz most of us are just plain sick of seeing the Red Sox win. It's like the Yankees again.

Why not just sit back and enjoy some baseball for the sake of the love of the sport?

No! They must hate and boycott! That'll stick it to the man!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Cuz most of us are just plain sick of seeing the Red Sox win. It's like the Yankees again.

Is that why you're making up conspiracy theories about MLB wanting Boston in the Series?

Stick to what you know. Like proposing to fake internet women.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Basically because we've seen this show before. Same script, different guest. I hate to sound Tankish, but if the Sox come out with this one, Game 7's a formality, the Rays full-house dominance be damned. :P

This series HAS gotten exciting though. I doubt the next one will.

Agreed. And I will be rooting for the Phils this time around. Ever since that collapse 2 days ago, I've taken out my white flag on this series. Better luck next year Rays. Thanks for some exciting playoffs.

Excellent point. There are times when my Red Sox hating gets in the way of appreciating what a great team they really are. I was doing well until tonight. Love them or hate them, there is no denying they are one damned good ballclub. It's still baseball and in a week it's going to be gone until April. May as well enjoy what's left regardless of who is playing.

BB52Big.jpg

Is that why you're making up conspiracy theories about MLB wanting Boston in the Series?

Why? I have to enjoy the Red Sox winning? I don't like them, so no, I'm not going to. I'm not saying everyone else has to not enjoy it if they don't like the Red Sox, I'm just saying I'm not. It's repetitive, seeing them there, and it takes all the excitement out of it, IMO.

Now that was funny.

BB52Big.jpg

Now that was funny.

Well, like the Red Sox, it's overplayed, but at least it's still enjoyable.

Seriously, let's give it another hundred years and twenty titles before we start comparing the Red Sox to the :censored: ing Yankees.

6uXNWAo.png

Seriously, let's give it another hundred years and twenty titles before we start comparing the Red Sox to the :censored: ing Yankees.

I will say that much. 26 since 1918 definitely beats the :censored: out of 2.

Archived