MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An incredible stat

Since Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS the Red Sox are 9-0 when facing elimination in the ALCS, and after Lester shutouts the Rays tomorrow it will be 10-0.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

An incredible stat

Since Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS the Red Sox are 9-0 when facing elimination in the ALCS, and after Lester shutouts the Rays tomorrow it will be 10-0.

Awesome.

Since you have turned into Kreskin, there is no reason for you to watch the game tomorrow night, nor is there a reason for you to complain about it, since you already know the outcome.

Go watch something else.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Lester shutouts the Rays tomorrow it will be 10-0.

If you're going to be like that, don't celebrate or say anything if the Rays win.

Also, I echo ITE88's last comment.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Come on we have seen this script before its over, it ended in Game 5.

If you let the Red Sox get off the mat its over, the Yankees, and Indians saw it first hand that and now the Rays will learn it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm just going to vent.

Once upon a time ago (more accurately four years ago) I thought a 3-1 Red Sox comeback was the coolest thing since sliced bread. I'm not and never have been a Sox fan, but I thought seeing a 3-1 comeback for the first time myself was something to see, so I jumped my 12-year old butt onto the Boston bandwagon. I thought it'd be cool.

Three years later, I wasnt rooting against the Sox, but I thought an Indians-Rockies World Series would be quite entertaining, two small market, scrappy teams going at it in the Series and thats what I wanted to see more than a Red Sox-Rockies series anyday. Cleveland was up 3-1, and my initial world series wish looked locked. Then Boston came back. I was a little annoyed and my dream series was spoiled, but I wasnt upset. Until Boston swept Colorado.

In the process the Boston bandwagon grew larger and larger just like that ridiculous nearby Pats wagon did. Fans wanted to say they were Boston fans just to sound cool (like it does here in Utah...because we dont have teams...and to these hicks here it sounds cool to be a Sox fan) and all that hoopla.

So now Ive seen a Rays team battle from last to first in one of the greatest sports stories that I have experienced in my 16 years. I mean seriously, even decent Sox fans can agree, what these Rays are doing is really, really something. So I've wanted to see the Rays get to the world series all season long. I didnt jump on a wagon (cause I still rooted for my Rockies, even still now), I just wanted to see the cinderella story have a FITTING happy ending. Well, Tampa Bay just lost again to those "wonderful" Sox, and to be honest, i'm freaking tired of 3-1 comebacks now. Tired of seeing Youkilis' terrible batting stance (he looks like he's holding a monster turd in and cant wait to let it out, that stupid wagging squat of his...) and then seeing a lucky smash off his bat, tired of seeing J.D. Drew and that lazy punch-swing get more lucky hits, tired of Beckett and the gazzillion necklaces thrown arouind his neck, i'm just tired of the Sox!!! Dont spoil the Rays' story please, as I speak for i'm sure millions of annoyed as heck fans that this is happening again. Please tell me i'm not alone......I jsut cant stand another 3-1 comeback!!! GO AWAY BOSTON!!! PLEASE!!!!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Once upon a time ago (more accurately four years ago) I thought a 3-1 Red Sox comeback was the coolest thing since sliced bread.

It was 3-0 first, regardless of what TBS wants you to believe.

In the process the Boston bandwagon grew larger and larger just like that ridiculous nearby Pats wagon did. Fans wanted to say they were Boston fans just to sound cool (like it does here in Utah...because we dont have teams...and to these hicks here it sounds cool to be a Sox fan) and all that hoopla.

I may be a little out of touch with your comments here, but aren't you claiming to be a bandwagon junky as well? First with the Red Sox, and now with the Rockies?

tired of Beckett and the gazzillion necklaces thrown arouind his neck

While we're on the Beckett notion, let's not forget about that ridiculous facial hair. Really Josh? You think that looks good?

tired of seeing J.D. Drew and that lazy punch-swing get more lucky hits

J.D. Drew may appear lackadaisical and just completely uninterested in baseball. He may wear down constantly, have a "why am I here, and where's the nearest exit?" look on his face repeatedly. Sitting in the dugout he may look like he died and nobody told him yet, but that man has more raw baseball talent in his pinky finger alone than 98% of current MLB players have in their entire body. No outcome of his is lucky. When he actually plays to his potential he can be one of the top 3 players in baseball (see June 2008). He drives me absolutely nuts with his approach to the game (i.e. turn it up when he desires, like when he plays the D-Backs or in the postseason), but the man can bat, he can battle, and he can get the clutch hit whenever he wants. I think half the time he appears so lazy because it's just so easy and natural for him.

Archived