Ravens uniforms

seahawk9

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boy the Ravens and the Jacksonville Jagurars uniforms sure look a like. Black helmets, white jerseys, black pants and socks. There should be a rule against this. Thought the Steelers were playing the Jaguars last night.

I would suggest that you get your eyes checked, or get a better TV.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Boy the Ravens and the Jacksonville Jagurars uniforms sure look a like. Black helmets, white jerseys, black pants and socks. There should be a rule against this. Thought the Steelers were playing the Jaguars last night.

They DO look too much like the Jags...and the Saints...and the Falcons...and the Bengals. Too many road uniforms with these ridiculous black pants doesn't help any of these team's identities. The Ravens should try some PURPLE pants.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

They DO look too much like the Jags...and the Saints...and the Falcons...and the Bengals. Too many road uniforms with these ridiculous black pants doesn't help any of these team's identities. The Ravens should try some PURPLE pants.

They looked a hell of a lot better than those ugly-ass Steelers "throwbacks".

The Steelers need to burn those things, ASAP. They are terrible and harken back to a time when the Steelers were a laughing stock. Same thing with the New York Titans.

Agreed. From now on, two teams that are not playing one another must nevertheless differentiate their uniforms from one another by mixing and matching the colors of their helmets, jerseys, pants and socks.

We should also extend the rule to other sports and require, for example, the Heat and Trail Blazers to change uniforms. They both wear black road uniforms, which confuses me.

:upside:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I would think that the different helmet logos, stripes, number colors, fonts, etc. would be enough to distinguish two teams that aren't even on the same field at the same time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would think that the different helmet logos, stripes, number colors, fonts, etc. would be enough to distinguish two teams that aren't even on the same field at the same time.

Only from close up, in my opinion. I can't tell you how many times a buddy of mine has been watching the NFL with me, and I've been asked which team is on the screen. And he's a big fan, but not into all the uniform minutiae like maniacs such as myself. Many people want to at least be able to reasonably tell from a distance what team they're seeing.

I just don't like the all-black ballerina pants these teams are using. Some stripes, like the Ravens had on their 1997 black pants, would be much better.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Only from close up, in my opinion. I can't tell you how many times a buddy of mine has been watching the NFL with me, and I've been asked which team is on the screen. And he's a big fan, but not into all the uniform minutiae like maniacs such as myself. Many people want to at least be able to reasonably tell from a distance what team they're seeing.

I just don't like the all-black ballerina pants these teams are using. Some stripes, like the Ravens had on their 1997 black pants, would be much better.

Well with 32 teams and only a finite amount of reasonable, decent-looking base colors, it's inevitable some teams are gonna look like others. Look back to the MLB powder-blue phase of the 1970s and early '80s.

It's no big deal to me. I'm more offended by bad uniforms, bad colors, etc., than teams sharing colors.

One of my two real complaints with the Ravens uniforms is something I share with you: The stripeless black pants look bad. My other complaint is that black and purple really don't complement each other and look bad, just like black and green or black and blue. Just my opinion.

You must not be a baseball fan, eh...?

Yes indeed the Ravens have both black pants with stripes and purple pants with stripes in reserve. I hate the leotard look.

I'll concede that these MIGHT prototypes of some sort, but they do not exist in the official NFL Style Guide.

i agree way too simlar of a look. the jaguars need to switch back to the old white and teal road look....there is barely a hint of teal at on their road uniforms!

Amen to that one, brother.

I wouldn't even mind the black pants so much if the road jerseys still had teal numbers rather than black...I swear the blackification of the Jaguars' uniforms (at least the road ones) is just sickening to me.

Note to Wayne: BRING BACK THE TEAL! After all, this is what people know the Jags as...teal. There's already two black-and-gold teams in the league...one has actual vegas (however mismatching it may be), the other athletic (even though it may as well just be yellow). We DON'T NEED A THIRD.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Roger Godell? Not so much . . .

But you shouldn't comment on what you don't know. Again unless CW works for the league, I doubt he'd know, style guide or not. And not to belabor the point but why did the Jags have silver in their original color set or feature teal? You know any teal jaguars? The helmets should be metallic gold. As for the Panthers, the helmet should be black. 'Nuff said.

Colorwerx:

Unless you work for the league, you wouldn't know . . .

Let's leave it at that.

OK...so the implication is that you work for the league.

Why aren't these listed in the Style Guide then?

Archived