Stars New Logo?

StarsHockey

http://stars.nhl.com/

Looks like the new Texas Stars Logo. Or at least the green part.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Their 10 year anniversary logo was beveled as well.

Stars10thAnniversaryLogo.jpg

Interesting find...

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Like the bevel. Seems more Texas to me. Why is the top of the star outline cut making an "A" form at top?

(hint: look at StarsHockey's avatar)

But it doesn't make sense without the whole wordmark. With just the top part cut out it looks incomplete. It works when the Spurs use the horseshoe U without the rest of the logo, but not here. The is like if the Capitals used the hockey stick "t" as a stand alone logo... doesn't mean anything and loses its punch.

Are they really considering a change to Texas Stars or is that just a concept?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Like the bevel. Seems more Texas to me. Why is the top of the star outline cut making an "A" form at top?

But it doesn't make sense without the whole wordmark. With just the top part cut out it looks incomplete. It works when the Spurs use the horseshoe U without the rest of the logo, but not here. The is like if the Capitals used the hockey stick "t" as a stand alone logo... doesn't mean anything and loses its punch.

Are they really considering a change to Texas Stars or is that just a concept?

the Texas Stars are Dallas' AHL affiliate that are playing in Dallas before moving to Austin next season. The Texas Stars were formerly the Iowa Stars where they had a much better logo.

The bevel is just in their season logo and I don't see any change on the uniforms or the main logo design on the website.

And they leave the ^ on the star at all times as a reminder since it always points north (at the state Norm Greed screwed out of a team).

the Texas Stars are Dallas' AHL affiliate that are playing in Dallas before moving to Austin next season. The Texas Stars were formerly the Iowa Stars where they had a much better logo.

Ummm, no. Dallas has no affiliate this season. They will settle in suburban Austin next year. The Iowa Stars have not moved. The ownership and franchise are the same, but changed their name as part of their new affiliation with Anaheim.

I've always thought the Stars should have changed their colors to red, white, and blue to match the Texas flag when they moved. The green, gold, and black really don't seem like a Texan Star. Just me?

Nope, the Dallas Lone Stars would have made the perfect southern complement for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Hey, they stole the Mets idiotic marketing slogan.

We Get the Hits (Hits!)

We Score The Runs (Runs!)

We Shut You Down (Down!)

We're Number One (One, One, One)

Ah, good times! Yurk. What would the Stars version be?

We're scoring goals (goals!)

Using hockey pucks (pucks!)

Jesus, this song (song!)

Really f***ing sucks (sucks!)

msg-117798227822.jpg

As they are the Washington Capitals they would be poorly represented by a hockey stick alone. Hpwever, the Stars are using a picture of a star in that instance. I fail to see how leaving the cut on the top point for identification purposes makes the logo seem incomplete.

Ummm, no. Dallas has no affiliate this season. They will settle in suburban Austin next year. The Iowa Stars have not moved. The ownership and franchise are the same, but changed their name as part of their new affiliation with Anaheim.
Exactly - the Iowa Stars have changed their name to the Iowa Chops.

The Texas Stars will be an expansion franchise next season.

Oh really? How did I miss that considering that I live in Des Moines. I can assure you it is more than a name change from Stars to Chops. Did I mention I work at Wells Fargo Arena in my spare time?

Archived