Buffalo Bills Logo

Davidson

bit of bandwagon jumping here.

everyones been doing it and i had a couple of hours to while away today.

so here is my attempt at a bills concept.

and yes, i have come to the conclusion that the bills are hard.

jesus i tried to get the silver in there. i tried to use both blues also.

nothing looked great and nothing does now either but i got fed up and

thought id post it.

sorry bills fans, im not from your shores so i have no sense of bills uniform protocol or historicity.

be kind, i know not what i do.

bills.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do the rest of the numbers look like? Could you make an example using 32 instead of 18? IMO the 2s and 3s are generally the more distinct numbers of any custom font, while 1 and 8 are a little less distinct.

Also, try either red socks with the blue pants, or white socks with some kind of stripe. Even white with a really thick blue stripe would work - just get a little white between the sock color and the pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like it overall. The pant striping is an outside-the-box approach. I don't recall anyone using the number treatment you used on a previous Bills concept. The logo has energy yet still is recognizable as the Bills. I liked the use of nickel in the current set, but going without is OK too. Your concept is another that shows the white helmet works better than the red.

I approve.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I really like the striping. Nice balance between traditional and modern. I think I would prefer a red helmet, but either one would be nice.

My complaints are ones that most people on this board will probably share.

1) Gray facemask. Looks terribly out of place here. There's no reason for it.

2) Socks matching pants. Why not red socks with the blue pants?

As much as I hate the Bills, and trust me, I hate the Bills - this is a nice update. This is how they should use the blues instead of the erratic, useless and all - around ugly way they currently do. Very nice update of the logo, also.

I think the white helmet would be perfect with a blue facemask. The stripes are very cool. ( I can see three or four other teams immediately copying this style).

Red socks with all variations would look very nice. The wordmark is a little weak, but not horrible.

Overall, I'd say a very good job considering how much I hate the Bills.

I'm very impressed. The charging buffalo's makeover looks great and so does the rest of the uniform. But as always, there are a few details that could use some adjustments so here are my 2¢.

- I don't like the 3-layer numbers on either jersey, especially the white one. Red and light blue should suffice.

- The grey facemask needs to go. It needs to be blue.

- Which uniform set would include the alternate red helmet?

bills.png

This is a great concept, especially the logo but the ones things that irks me is the seems to be black in the uniform and it doesn't look good. You should get rid of it (maybe for nickel?).

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

LOVE the logo, LOVE the striping. You've always been my favorite designer here, and seeing your concepts is a treat, this is no different. The one thing that irks me about the logo is on his face, where you have the navy shading, there's like two blotches of royal blue inside the navy, and it almost looks like you're trying to make a face (eye and a mouth) that's really, really depressed. Just get rid of those blotches.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

sorry bills fans, im not from your shores so i have no sense of bills uniform protocol or historicity.

That's not a hindrance...it's a benefit.

You don't have images of all the uniforms of the past clouding your judgment as to what the uniform and logo should look like. It's very hard to enter a project like this with a blank slate.

It's also somewhat challenging to make it look different from the Patriots (same division), especially with the same basic color scheme.

The only thing I'd do is remove the logo from the pants, because I think it's too similar to the Patriots' pants that way.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

That's not a hindrance...it's a benefit.

You don't have images of all the uniforms of the past clouding your judgment as to what the uniform and logo should look like. It's very hard to enter a project like this with a blank slate.

It's also somewhat challenging to make it look different from the Patriots (same division), especially with the same basic color scheme.

The only thing I'd do is remove the logo from the pants, because I think it's too similar to the Patriots' pants that way.

The Patriots don't have a logo on the pants.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

you need to use the red helmets instead of the white. and coming from a bills fan, i thought it might be helpful. we hate those white helmets

And yet, you guys go ga-ga over the throwbacks. Interesting.

shysters_sm.jpg

Archived