49'ers in classic 80's era look yesterday

mmejia

I didn't see anything on the board about this, sorry if already discussed. I love this look, but know others aren't too crazy about it. Other than being Singletary's debut, was there any reasoning behind this look yesterday?

1fd1cee1-23cb-4de6-b0ca-d46cebf07eb5.jpg

c428fe99-1145-44d2-aa66-9076b74f963e.jpg

09000d5d80bf804d_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d80bf9249_gallery_600.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They honored the 1988 Super bowl team at half time as it has been 20 years since then.

But after the way they played on Sunday, I don't think this team today should wear these throwbacks anymore until they can do them proud. What a disgrace.

They honored the 1988 Super bowl team at half time as it has been 30 years since then.

But after the way they played on Sunday, I don't think this team today should wear these throwbacks anymore until they can do them proud. What a disgrace.

20?

They honored the 1988 Super bowl team at half time as it has been 30 years since then.

20?

Just saw that before you posted. Thanks.

They are beautiful uniforms and as much as I love seeing these again, I don't want them to wear them anymore until they get things turned around.

20?

Just saw that before you posted. Thanks.

They are beautiful uniforms and as much as I love seeing these again, I don't want them to wear them anymore until they get things turned around.

The way they played yesterday did make it seem like 30 years ago.

Better than the actual 80s unis since the pants color matches better, but not better than the current set.

Agreed 100%

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm siding with the crowd that thinks these look better now than 20 years ago, but still aren't as good as the current set. The gray facemask clashes with the gold helmet, the black looks out of place outlining the helmet logo but nowhere else on the uniform, and the jerseys are just too plain compared to everything else.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I disagree.

They should start wearing these, and then the current team might actually start playing like they are 49ers.

Dress for success, and sometimes that helps you find it.

I disagree.

They should start wearing these, and then the current team might actually start playing like they are 49ers.

Dress for success, and sometimes that helps you find it.

Well, I do hope that would happen but it has been that way the last couple years they have been wearing them as their alternate. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this team play like the team 20 years ago. I'm just calling it like I see it. I love this team and really hope these players can turn it around soon.

If they do end up getting new uniforms next year, maybe they can go back to something like this. I like the current set but the old set looks great and just brings back old memories.

Archived