NBA All-Star 2010 Logo

meetthemets

nbaAS2010.jpg

DALLAS -- Dallas has been selected as the site of NBA All-Star 2010, Commissioner David Stern, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones jointly announced today during a press conference outside the American Airlines Center.

Following the mantra that "everything is bigger in Texas," the 59th NBA All-Star Game will be played on Sunday, Feb. 14, 2010, at the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, which will have a seating capacity in excess of 80,000. This collaboration between the NBA, and the ownership groups of the Mavericks and Cowboys, will afford all Mavericks season ticket holders a chance to partake in the pageantry of the NBA All-Star Game. The T-Mobile Rookie Challenge and NBA All-Star Saturday Night festivities will take place at American Airlines Center, home of the Mavericks. 2010 will mark the first time the All-Star competitions are split between two venues since Houston in 1989 when The Summit hosted All-Star Saturday Night and the Astrodome hosted Sunday's All-Star Game.

"Dallas is a vibrant city with a passionate sports fan base that will embrace the NBA All-Star experience," said Stern. "We appreciate the collaborative efforts of Mark Cuban and Jerry Jones on what will surely be one of the most memorable basketball events of all time."

This will be the 25th year that Turner Sports features NBA All-Star coverage, and the eighth consecutive year the All-Star Game is televised in prime time. The All-Star Game will be seen by a worldwide television audience in more than 200 countries and will be broadcast in more than 40 languages.

"This is an exciting announcement for the Dallas Mavericks, the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth and most importantly Mavs fans," said Cuban. "The partnership of the Mavs, NBA and the Dallas Cowboys will create an amazing weekend of fun and excitement with the pinnacle being the NBA All-Star Game in front of the largest crowd to ever see a basketball game."

"The NBA All-Star Game coming to the Cowboys new stadium is a testament to the vision and passion that Mark Cuban brings to sports,' said Jones. "We're proud to be partners with Mark, the Mavericks and the NBA, and we know that North Texas will be a first class host for this world class event."

Dallas is no stranger to NBA All-Star, as Reunion Arena played host to the event in 1986, when Eastern Conference Coach K. C. Jones guided his squad to a 139-132 victory.

nbaAS2010.jpg

DALLAS -- Dallas has been selected as the site of NBA All-Star 2010, Commissioner David Stern, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones jointly announced today during a press conference outside the American Airlines Center.

Following the mantra that "everything is bigger in Texas," the 59th NBA All-Star Game will be played on Sunday, Feb. 14, 2010, at the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, which will have a seating capacity in excess of 80,000. This collaboration between the NBA, and the ownership groups of the Mavericks and Cowboys, will afford all Mavericks season ticket holders a chance to partake in the pageantry of the NBA All-Star Game. The T-Mobile Rookie Challenge and NBA All-Star Saturday Night festivities will take place at American Airlines Center, home of the Mavericks. 2010 will mark the first time the All-Star competitions are split between two venues since Houston in 1989 when The Summit hosted All-Star Saturday Night and the Astrodome hosted Sunday's All-Star Game.

"Dallas is a vibrant city with a passionate sports fan base that will embrace the NBA All-Star experience," said Stern. "We appreciate the collaborative efforts of Mark Cuban and Jerry Jones on what will surely be one of the most memorable basketball events of all time."

This will be the 25th year that Turner Sports features NBA All-Star coverage, and the eighth consecutive year the All-Star Game is televised in prime time. The All-Star Game will be seen by a worldwide television audience in more than 200 countries and will be broadcast in more than 40 languages.

"This is an exciting announcement for the Dallas Mavericks, the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth and most importantly Mavs fans," said Cuban. "The partnership of the Mavs, NBA and the Dallas Cowboys will create an amazing weekend of fun and excitement with the pinnacle being the NBA All-Star Game in front of the largest crowd to ever see a basketball game."

"The NBA All-Star Game coming to the Cowboys new stadium is a testament to the vision and passion that Mark Cuban brings to sports,' said Jones. "We're proud to be partners with Mark, the Mavericks and the NBA, and we know that North Texas will be a first class host for this world class event."

Dallas is no stranger to NBA All-Star, as Reunion Arena played host to the event in 1986, when Eastern Conference Coach K. C. Jones guided his squad to a 139-132 victory.

This was already posted in the new NBA logos, but I think it's worth its' own thread. I really love this logo. It does have almost the same font as the ASG in Houston, but it looks beautiful.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Its a great logo for sure, but Portland got hosed again. Its a great NBA city, and amazingly has never hosted the ASG. Back to the logo: I love the spotlights. its a clever nod to the showcase that the game is. i find the use of green odd. i know the alt uni is green, but its nowhere else in the identity. either put it in the mavs logo, or keep it out of the ASG logo.

Its a great logo for sure, but Portland got hosed again. Its a great NBA city, and amazingly has never hosted the ASG. Back to the logo: I love the spotlights. its a clever nod to the showcase that the game is. i find the use of green odd. i know the alt uni is green, but its nowhere else in the identity. either put it in the mavs logo, or keep it out of the ASG logo.

Do you know for a fact that the Portland ownership has put in bids to host the game? Honestly, I don't see the big deal with hosting one of these things. If a city needs an All-Star game or something like that to validate itself, then there are other issues going on.

To the logo - this is fantastic. I hate the cliche "star" logo for ASGs in general, and events in TX in general, but the spot-lite effects in there make this one work better than any I've ever seen. I hate the font, and the shadow effect. It looks like every concept posted on here by a certain poster who shall rename nameless. Not that the concepts are bad, but I just don't see this style as being fit for a major-league event. The little-green basketball also looks odd to me. It should have been light blue. Neither of those things ruin the logo for me, and I'm marking this down as a solid win.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like how the NBA does not have the same "every other year" rule for its host cities like MLB. From 2004 through at least 2010...all host cities are from the Western Conference or a neutral site in the West (Vegas).

I really like this way better. Without hijacking this thread too much, there are far more NL teams than AL teams that have Selig's requisite new ballpark: Philadelphia, New York Mets, Washington, Arizona, Cincinnati and San Diego versus Minnesota and Tampa Bay.

Cards.png

Next point of discussion...Do you think holding the NBA All-Star Game inside a football stadium is going to work out?

Your thoughts are much appreciated!

Astrodome 1989 was the last one.

It's gonna be like every other time Basketball is played in a non-basketball arena. It'll likely be on one side of the stadium, with a curtain covering up the other.

bSLCtu2.png

Next point of discussion...Do you think holding the NBA All-Star Game inside a football stadium is going to work out?

Your thoughts are much appreciated!

Astrodome 1989 was the last one.

It's gonna be like every other time Basketball is played in a non-basketball arena. It'll likely be on one side of the stadium, with a curtain covering up the other.

Incorrect.

Court will be placed at the middle of the field. This is the same as the Final Four court configuration will be when it is held in Dallas and in Indy. I dont know if I'll like it, but it's the future.

Archived