oregon blackout

Krona

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I concur, much much better then the dreaded debacles they usually wear. I wouldn't mind seeing someone mock up an image of a green jersey with the wings either in yellow or the gunmetal they seemed to have went with for the colors and font.

I absolutely love these uniforms. They looked really great up close and from the stands. The helmets looked really bad ass too. I don't know if it was just because I was on the field or what but when I was down there after the game the helmets were green up close.

the steelers need to adopt the flat black look ASAP. the cast iron look fits no other team better than the Steelers from the Iron City!

I thought it was the steel city. :blink:

Well that's where they make Iron City urine beer, so I guess it's synonymous.

On topic, this Oregon look is FANTASTIC! That's right - all caps, because I want to shout it out. The helmets need to be tweaked so that they are flat black (none of this green mixed in) but other than that I'm blown away by this look. Don't get me wrong - I'm glad that this is the exception and not the norm in football, but as a one-team thing, I love it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

yeah, I really like the style and the design, but wish they weren't all-black. They'd look great in green and yellow.

I whipped this up real fast:

27029334jf8.png

I like it personally. I think the black helmet sticks. It works great with the numbers and wings. I say dump the black and keep this silver thing going so we're not being harangued by beaver fans for stealing their "color." Use it for the numbers and wings on the homes and aways.

IMO this jersey is a big improvement on the diamond plate uniforms they currently have. My only problem is that they are really getting away from the green and yellow combo that I'm a big fan of. I think they should lessen the use of black. Stick with green, yellow, and white and use this new jersey template, and keep the blackout game for one game a year. I would love to see someone work my idea out.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Green and yellow are your colors.

Not silver.

Not black.

I agree. I've said it about a billion times.

BUT

From a straight execution standpoint, they look great.

Now give us back our normal green helmet, replace the silver diamond plating with the silver wings cart-blanche, and we have something I can get behind. Oh, and keep the black for special occasions only.

harperdc.gif

this is the second time I've seen Oregon completely alter their uniform design at one point latter in the season. the inconsistency really bothers me; was the 48 possible uniform combinations (4 seasons worth) not enough? At least wear all 48 combinations before you make another switch!

however, those uniforms are pretty cool. since the switch in 2006, the uniforms have looked awesome (when they keep it simple and dont mix it up). I would like to see that black helmet more.

temp.png

yeah, I really like the style and the design, but wish they weren't all-black. They'd look great in green and yellow.

I whipped this up real fast:

27029334jf8.png

I like it personally. I think the black helmet sticks. It works great with the numbers and wings. I say dump the black and keep this silver thing going so we're not being harangued by beaver fans for stealing their "color." Use it for the numbers and wings on the homes and aways.

Not bad, but the black helmet has to be fixed.

Oregon's colors are green and gold. Not black. I'll accept a gunmetal accent color (or even a black one, but the gunmetal is more interesting), but not a wholesale substitution of school colors.

Not silver.

Not black.

Oregon, you look ridiculous.

You ever heard of rebranding? Didn't think so.

You don't "rebrand" a COLLEGE. Part of the school pride is in wearing the colors, in Oregon's case green and yellow. It's probably worth mentioning that black is one of Oregon State's colors, who just happen to be Oregon's biggest rival. That would be like my school, the University of Minnesota, taking the field in red, one of Wisconsin's colors. That just wouldn't be right.

Not silver.

Not black.

You don't "rebrand" a COLLEGE. Part of the school pride is in wearing the colors, in Oregon's case green and yellow. It's probably worth mentioning that black is one of Oregon State's colors, who just happen to be Oregon's biggest rival. That would be like my school, the University of Minnesota, taking the field in red, one of Wisconsin's colors. That just wouldn't be right.

Wrong. Washington.

Are you talking about metallic gold vs. athletic gold? Not the strongest argument you could have made, considering that it's haggling over shades, and the University of Washington has had the same basic color system for 120 years. A better one might be Colorado's introduction of light blue in the 1980s.

Still, a couple of examples to the contrary hardly makes him "Wrong." That a few schools among hundreds were willing to sell out their heritage doesn't change the long tradition in this country of schools settling on a color scheme and defending it forever. Similarly, it's not unknown for countries to change their national colors, but it usually indicates national dysfunction and internal trouble when they do.

I don't mind adding accent colors as needed, but Nike's Oregon blackout is a slap in the face. Be true to your school, boys. Be true to your school.

Not silver.

Not black.

Wrong. Washington.

You beat me to it. I was gonna say our biggest rival wears purple and gold . . .

Archived