oregon blackout

Krona

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone who already uses black in their color scheme needs to adopt flat-black helmets full-time. There's a certain badassness to it that really makes it sinister. Maybe it's the constant fear of potentially getting hit by a guy wearing a cast-iron skillet on his head?

After seeing all this together - and granted, those weren't GAME jerseys, but (from the tag inside the back of the collar) a REPLICA - I like it, but with a BIG caveat.

I still hate that we're using black. It's Oregon State's color, period, the end. Oregon's school colors and athletic colors have been green and yellow for longer than the teams have been referred to as "Ducks." Oregon State has been orange and black since my grandparents went to what was then known as Oregon Agricultural College. It's not right. I know it looks badass, and black looks aggressive, but it's not ours.

That said, if we use our same jersey templates and colors and replace the diamond plating with the wings, I'm happy. That looks awesome, and even if it's ugly as sin, at least feathers have more of a tie to the duck than diamond plating does.

I still hate that we're using our rival's color and seemingly ignoring our school colors, but if you're going to do it, do it this way.

[edit] Also, all the scuttlebutt I've read online says that, yes, the black helmets will be used this weekend, same with the unis (duh). Also confirming this is word I've heard second- and third-hand that the black replica jerseys will go on sale no sooner than when the team runs out of the tunnel on Saturday afternoon...hmm.

harperdc.gif

If they put an O with trailing feathers on both sides, I don't care what color(s) they come out in.

Come on Oregon, hook us up!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I love the new look, if that is indeed what that is, but I'm gonna miss what he have now . . .

As for the flat black, from what I've heard those helmets were "testers" used in practice this week and will be repainted (glossy) for the game. Not sure if that is good or bad. I'm of the mind that while they look good in that photo, they'll look cheap and dumb when viewed on TV and when everyone is wearing them while standing next to the other team's shiny helmets.

Is that really a green facemask? If so, what's the point? You can barely tell. I otherwise love the black helmet.

Well, finally ends that debate. It really is a green facemask. :P

And yeah, that would've looked much better if it was jewel-styled paint. It's still okay, though. I actually can't wait to see what this looks like.

Just thinking...wouldn't surprise me at all if those T shirts are Glow in the Dark...

And if they aren't...they should be. Now that's a blackout I'd like to see. 50,000 plus...in black...with glow in the dark O's.

Archived