oregon blackout

Krona

I don't think that's striping - just the mesh on the replica jersey.

I'm going to guess that they are striped because the wings are striped (both on the jersey pic and the t-shirt pic) and the numbers look to have the same kind of striping as the wings...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my expert assessment of that "jersey" is that for one the front number is too small. Two, it is a shirt, not a replica jersey, you can tell. And three, the wings are badass but I agree, needs more green.

I would not be disappointed if they switched to these though, only if they made the changes I just mentioned and hopefully fill in the numbers I think it has potential. I can't wait to see what's up.

I like the jersey with the wings. I think if that's what they wear for the game, they should pull out black helmets to complete the look (and I'm not a fan of at all of teams wearing black when it's not their color, but this is Oregon.) I also think that it would be an improvement if this is what they wear next year as long as they primarily wear a green jersey with a good amount of yellow in it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Take a look again at that t-shirt linked in the first post - it has a semi-carbon fiber look to it. It's kind of weaved.

I'm guessing (based off the mesh and tag) that the pictured jersey is a replica. In which case, I hope the real ones look better.

My mad scientist idea: Use the wings to replace the diamond plating, but instead of having it silver, make it really, really dark - so if it's on a jersey with dark shoulders, like our green shoulder/yellow chest jerseys, have the wings be super dark green. Of course it'll still probably be silver when/if Nike rolls 'em out as a main uniform, but I can dream, right?

And at least it's better than diamond plating.

harperdc.gif

These must be the "tribal jerseys" that were hinted at a few weeks ago. I'm interested to see what the pants look like, if they are different or not. When I heard tribal, I definitely thought of Hawaii's jerseys but these seem to represent the look of the Native American imagery from the Pacific NW. Much more appropriate here. Its just a cool design, even if it comes from nowhere in particular.

Looks like an 'O' logo on the back above the nameplate as well, you knew they'd get that on there somewhere!

GO DUCKS!

So far so good - can't wait to see pics of them on the field.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i wonder if the wings will have the raised pattern like colorado's shoulders. i'd like to see more white instead of black with oregon in the future. i think black as an accent color is dieing. oregon has been using it as a primary color a lot too though.

I love our font, but in my opinion the stripes in the numbers have to go. Although looking at all the blackout stuff it looks like stripes is the way we're going in the next 3 years until we cook up another great jersey.

Also, that would be freaking sweet if the new helmets had the wings with the O's, and possibly some bad ass wing stripe or someting,.or maybe that's too much wing idk

Archived