oregon blackout

Krona

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o_blackout_t_350.jpg

Anyone else look at that and think "Oregon All Blacks"? If that's what they were going for, I give 'em credit. As for a black helmet, hey, at this point, why the hell not?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Those shirts look great. I'm not so sure they look like duck feathers, but it works nonetheless.

EDIT:

Howabout for the black helmet, they use the t shirt logo, but without the front set of feathers?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

[edit] Just FYI, that's not the official Oregon Bookstore, so maybe they got them early...or they're fakes. Probably not fake, just wanted to point that out.

This is the first I've seen of this - I haven't seen it on any of the Oregon beat writers' sites yet. I'll tip 'em off to it.

I'm still incredibly, incredibly skeptical of us using black, but at least that looks cool...

harperdc.gif

[edit] Just FYI, that's not the official Oregon Bookstore, so maybe they got them early...or they're fakes. Probably not fake, just wanted to point that out.

This is the first I've seen of this - I haven't seen it on any of the Oregon beat writers' sites yet. I'll tip 'em off to it.

I'm still incredibly, incredibly skeptical of us using black, but at least that looks cool...

i heard about it this morning on the local sports talk show, encouraging fans to stop by and pick up theyre blackout shirts. its odd that its that store in springfield and not the bookstore or the duck store in the mall in eugene. its only monday though. i imagine we'll hear more in the days to come.

PS: i think a cool oregon-y thing to do is slap the o on the front crown with the wings around the side ala the eagles.

So I guess we will totally disregard OSU's attempt at a blackout which ended in racial complications or whatever? Hm, well, I'll wear my black sweatshirt then.

no, no, that was the African-American student group on campus getting upset because the OSU student newspaper showed a white student in black facial paint as a way to dress for the "blackout." Whether you think that's hailing back to minstrel shows or it's painting your face in a school color for a football game is your opinion on the matter, but that's what the situation was.

harperdc.gif

Oh okay, I didn't really hear much of it until there was talk of a color out earlier in the year. But I think this is kind of a dumb idea unless there will be some sort of new black helmet or new jersey. I mean black isn't even one of our primary colors, why would we have a blackout?

Wow aswell, but I find the feathers to be an improvement over the diamond plating.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Mmmm... I just got a warm, fuzzy, Iowa Barnstormers flashback. But where's the green? And don't try any of that "it's not black, it's just a really dark green" crap on me.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

My first reaction was whaaaaat? But I don't know. It's another thing Oregon can pull off. I think they look good although I'm not sure about the striping in the numbers.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I don't think that's striping - just the mesh on the replica jersey.

Archived