Colorado Rockies

McCall

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regarding that font, you did a great job. I thought i recognized the name, so i checked it out. nice vision. i would have never thought to put the western points on a pedestrian font like that. the mountains look a lot better. the only thing really bothering me is the black slab that colorado sits on....maybe some sort of banner/ribbon instead? great job. i want to see some unis!

I thought about doing that, but I'm afraid it may make the logo look too much like the Denver Nuggets.

I'm a big fan of 3A.

The B section just doesn't do it for me, though... the lack of shading makes it very 'blah'.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Regarding that font, you did a great job. I thought i recognized the name, so i checked it out. nice vision. i would have never thought to put the western points on a pedestrian font like that. the mountains look a lot better. the only thing really bothering me is the black slab that colorado sits on....maybe some sort of banner/ribbon instead? great job. i want to see some unis!

I thought about doing that, but I'm afraid it may make the logo look too much like the Denver Nuggets.

good call

good call

Am I a dog who just obeyed a command? :D

(Sorry. Bad joke. My last name is Call so I went with the play on words. I failed.)

Presuming this stays outlined in silver, 1A is my tops. With purple, 3A wins it for me.

The perspective skew seems to add a little bit more to this here, in my eyes--I see you did it with the "Colorado" as well. I'm liking it.

(And thanks for reminding me that Brothers is the font I need to find in my pack--couldn't remember the name to save my life! I'll check out this Tapeworm thing, too. Oh--and for that compliment, too...much appreciated.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Great work McCall. This is a very well designed logo set. They are all great but I think my favorite is 1A. That wordmark you came up with will look great on a uniform. If the design of your uni's are as good as your logo set, you are going to have an awesome design. I can't wait to see what's next.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I may be going a bit overkill on showing the primary logo, but here it is in the various colors (all with the half-shaded mountain) on backgrounds of the team colors. Note, no part of the primary changes color from background to background. That was part of the purpose of the silver outline around the whole thing. The only time it doesn't show up is on silver.

Rockies-Primary-Set-1.pngRockies-Primary-Set-2.png

And here it is in single color form, purple and black.

Rockies-Primary-One-Color.png

Wordmarks in the next post.

Here is the wordmark, with both Colorado and Rockies, on the team color backgrounds.

Rockies-Wordmarks.png

And here's variations for on black, because I couldn't decide which I preferred. I actually like the purple outlined in silver then white, but didn't know how well it would actually look on a black jersey, so I did these as other options.

Rockies-Wordmark-on-Black.png

Here is the wordmark, with both Colorado and Rockies, on the team color backgrounds.

Rockies-Wordmarks.png

And here's variations for on black, because I couldn't decide which I preferred. I actually like the purple outlined in silver then white, but didn't know how well it would actually look on a black jersey, so I did these as other options.

That wordmark is very cool. I really like the double outline style, it stands out on the black a lot better. This will look very nice on a uniform set, can't wait to see it.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Gotta say, although I used to think the white type with purple outline was the winner, the white type with silver outline wins hands down when you see it on the other backgrounds. Wordmarks looks pretty good too, can't wait for uniforms.

Uniforms may have to wait. Our accountant may be taking the company laptop, the one I do most of this on, with her when she goes out of town this week. I may have to hold off until next week. Plus, I'll be going out of town after work tomorrow, and probably wouldn't have taken the computer with me anyway. I have Illustrator on my computer in my office, but it's been acting up lately. Though I'll see what I can do, but it may be next week before they're posted.

The new mountain looks better than the original, but it's too round for my tastes. The general shape of the peaks is too smooth, and I think the gentle arch of the wordmark enhances that illusion. Personally, I'd like to see the mountain(s) be more jagged and "rocky".

Overall it's great work, but that's the one thing that I find distracting about the logo.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Rockies-Wordmarks.png

I think you need the double outlines (or at least a thicker outline) around both wordmarks to reduce some of the letterspacing. The spaces between the R and A of Colorado and K and I of Rockies draw my eye. Those letters really need to be spaced tighter together. Maybe even fuse the two in each set to each other to make the wordmark a bit more custom.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived