Lost Treasures of CCSLC Members

BlueSky

Who has disposed of stuff in one way or another that you now wish to God you'd been smart enough to save? For example...

Many years ago, when the Saints' main offices were on Lee Circle in New Orleans, they had a tiny space with a few logo items that passed for a Pro Shop in those days. Around 1973 or '74 if memory serves, they had what today would be an unbelievable promotion: buy $25 of merchandise and get a free GAME-WORN JERSEY! Their shop had so few items that it was tough for me to find $25 worth of stuff; I have none of it any more and can't even remember what I bought. FWIW, using the Consumer Price Index method, $25 in 1973 equates to about $117 today. A bargain for a GW jersey!

It was a white one like the one below, #49, with a nameplate that said WHITAKER. Creston Whitaker spent 1972 with the Saints as a WR/PR, and the Saints all-time roster lists him as #86 so maybe the jersey I got was from the pre-season before #86 became available. The sleeve stripes look yellow in this pic but they were the old gold in use by the Saints then. As an aside, judging by Ernie Jackson's expression, looks like either a sewer pipe broke near the stadium or it was just another typical Sunday afternoon performance by the Saints of that era. :D

75jackson9saints.jpg

Anyway, I wore the thing a lot, ultimately cut the bottom off to make one of those midriff jerseys that were popular at the time, and at some point I tossed it or misplaced it during a move. What a knucklehead! What would I give today to have a mint Saints GW jersey from 1972?!? :cry::cursing:

So what are your 'ones that got away'?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I had a brick from the outfield wall of Metropolitan Stadium in Bloomington, Minnesota. Painted glossy blue on one side with several dings in the paint. Somewhere along the line in college I lost it. Absolutely no intrinsic value, and no provenance to prove that it was what it was other than my say-so, but I sure do miss that brick.

20082614447.png

I had a brick from the outfield wall of Metropolitan Stadium in Bloomington, Minnesota. Painted glossy blue on one side with several dings in the paint. Somewhere along the line in college I lost it. Absolutely no intrinsic value, and no provenance to prove that it was what it was other than my say-so, but I sure do miss that brick.

It may have some value on the memorabilia market I got a similar Shea Stadium Brick for $100.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

When I worked in television in New Jersey back in the 1980s, I had a complete set of USFL logo color separation sheets, all high resolution. They stayed at the station when I moved on - I wish there had been the technology back then to have copied them.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Back in the early 1970s a local auto dealer had about eight Houston Oilers on the lot for a promotion. Hoyle Granger, Jerry Levias, Garland Boyette, Mike Richardson, Elvin Bethea -- all may favorites. My dad toted me down there and I got signed color promo photos from each of them. I tucked those pics into a manilla envelope and they disappeared sometime between going into the Marines and graduating college. I have never even seen duplicates of those photos since.

FsQiF2W.png

I just wish I had saved all my ticket stubs to games I went to as a kid...

Yeah I wish I would have saved all mine too.

My friends has all the tickets for Reds games he went to, including the box scores the next day's newspaper.

I wish I still had my John Elway jersey, although it would be too small, I cant still somewhat fit into my brohter's old Terrell Davis jersey.

I found a Barcelona Dragons jersey in value village back in 99, and gave it to a friend a couple years later. even though the damn thing fit me a little too tight for my liking, I wish I still had it. Then again, I also wish it'd been a Monarchs or Fire jersey instead, but youneverknow.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

As I just posted in the MLB '09 thread - I wish I still had my white Red Sox cap. Also, I had an Orlando Thunder jersey (yep, in lime green). Also, I used to collect game-worn college hockey jerseys, and there are three I can think of immediatly that I wish I still had: A Northern Michigan one I bought for my wife, a Providence pin-stripe number they wore as an alt. for one year only, and a rare Alaska-Anchorage one - all of which I sold when I was getting out of it. Those are the big things.

Moose

In 1995, I had every American Team's Ballcap from the CFL. As of right now, the only one that seems to remain is the Birmingham Barracudas.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

In the house I lived in before the one I do now, there is a section of Grass from Candle stick park. My father and I cut a 8 inch by 8 inch chunk from the Outfield wall at the last SF Giants fanfest at the Stick, and planted it in my back yard. I wish we would have grabbed it and brought it to our new house.

raiders-2.png

My first generation Power Rangers Zord. I had the 5, PLUS the green dragon thing and then the White Tiger. I also had the second generation ones, but I sold them at a yard sale about 8 years ago because I wanted some quick cash. Ugh, I was stupid. I also had some old Star Trek: Next Generation toys such as a phaser, tricorder, and a talking Enterprise. I had some great stuff as a kid.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I found a Barcelona Dragons jersey in value village back in 99, and gave it to a friend a couple years later. even though the damn thing fit me a little too tight for my liking, I wish I still had it. Then again, I also wish it'd been a Monarchs or Fire jersey instead, but youneverknow.

I had a Fire jersey with the big flame logo, and number 95 on the back. I wore that thing through my senior year of high school, and first year of college. I'm pretty sure that I donated it to Goodwill, man I wish I would have kept it.

sig.jpg

Back in the mid '90s, Starter made a line of MLB jerseys that featured the road wordmark on the home jersey template. I had a Milwaukee Brewers one of these, in all its Germanic beauty. The wordmark and the sleeve patch were embroidered directly onto the jersey, and the shirt itself was made of this soft, incredibly comfy poly/cotton blend. I unloaded it at a garage sale. Grrr.

Another victim of that same garage sale: my 1995 Purdue Mike Alstott replica jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

i had a shaq magic jersey, a Michael jordan bulls jersey, a terrelle davis jersey, a ton of detroit vipers gear, a reversible grant hill pistons jersey (teal/white), and a TON of ticket stubs from games. I collect my stubs now and have a collage in my room but I had a ton of games from when I was a kid that i wish i would have. Now ofcourse all of the gear wouldn't fit but I wish i had it in my current size.

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

i had a dallas stars yearbook from the inaugural season in texas, but since i was like 9 years old, i eventually cut out the pictures and put them on walls and things.

i wish i hadn't.

i had a dallas stars yearbook from the inaugural season in texas, but since i was like 9 years old, i eventually cut out the pictures and put them on walls and things.

i wish i hadn't.

Damnnn that would've been decent.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I was at Cal Ripken's 3,000th hit game at the Dome and they gave away plaques comemorating it when you left. Damn, i wish i still had it! Where did it go?

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Archived