Cavs Uni's (vs. Knicks)

The Imperfect

Looks like they're actually going to win a game in their throwbacks.

I don't think they've ever won a game in the orange 80s throwbacks they wore last season.

But I love these jerseys, beautiful haha.

Here's the jersey from back in the day.

1970-1974-home-front.gif1970-1974-home-back.gif

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Looks like they're actually going to win a game in their throwbacks.

I don't think they've ever won a game in the orange 80s throwbacks they wore last season.

They should play the Knicks more often.

haha veryy truee.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

4f69cd1b-26eb-477a-9f81-8c5dd45f846.jpg

beautiful. ive always ranted that this is the best available color set in the NBA (and the MLB for that matter).

Looks sweet to me.

Let's hope they get a chance to wear them in the NBA Finals in June. :P

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

beautiful. ive always ranted that this is the best available color set in the NBA (and the MLB for that matter).

Looks sweet to me.

I wish the NBA would let teams who wear Gold to wear it at home with the road team wearing their road. It bugs me when I see matchups like this...

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Looks sweet to me.

I wish the NBA would let teams who wear Gold to wear it at home with the road team wearing their road. It bugs me when I see matchups like this...

umm.... have you ever seen a Lakers game? :blink:

MegatronSig2.jpg

That throwback is sweet! The C in the script looks like a bird's wings though. How does that resemble a cavalier?

And the 70's logo looks way better than other team logos of the past.

5278.gif

I think its supposed to be a plume. So, yeah, in a way, a birds wing. mission accomplished.

Looks sweet to me.

Yeah I should have stated that (thought it was a given), but other than the Lakers the NBA doesn't allow teams to wear Gold as their home uniforms. I would love to see the Pacers break out those Golds at home without the visiting team wearing white. Maybe even orange (Phoenix, Charlotte, Golden State)? Heck I think as long as the teams are different enough they should allow it.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Looks sweet to me.

It's kind of ironic that the NBA rules are forcing the Cavaliers to use their gold HOME uniform from back in the day on the road. Same thing happened with the Warriors throwback to "The City" home set used as a road uniform.

Looks sweet to me.

Yeah I should have stated that (thought it was a given), but other than the Lakers the NBA doesn't allow teams to wear Gold as their home uniforms. I would love to see the Pacers break out those Golds at home without the visiting team wearing white. Maybe even orange (Phoenix, Charlotte, Golden State)? Heck I think as long as the teams are different enough they should allow it.

I think yellow or gold is fine, but orange is where it crosses the line of what is acceptable as a light colored jersey. Sure, it's a light color but it's too close to a lot of reds for me to put it in the same arena as yellow. A few years ago I had to watch Illinois play Wisconsin with the Illini in Orange and the Badgers in Red. It was tough to watch. Also the Suns should not be allowed to wear their Orange alternates when playing at the Lakers. The yellow v orange matchup was difficult as well.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I may have mentioned this before, but those shades of Wine and Gold are actually WAY off.

I have a 1979 logosheet for the Cavs and the colors were actually completely different than what the NBA is claiming as "official" for the throwbacks. Here's a comparison:

ClevelandCavaliers_CON_1979_SOL_SRG.jpg

What I'll say however, is that the Hardwood Classics version certainly LOOKS better than what was official in the '70s...that Wine looks freakin' PINK!

I had a long phone conversation with the Dir. of Creative Services of the NBA a few months ago, and what he told me is that they basically just match colors based on the available fabrics being used today; they really don't care what colors were used in the past.

The biggest problem (in my mind) with this line of thinking is that if the Celtics were to change their uniforms for next year, and were to change their shade of Green, then the throwbacks to the current uniforms would more-than-likely be in the new Green.

I think that's a problem.

Archived