New Bud Light Branding

tron1013

new can looks great...only thing is it kinda doesn't look like an alcoholic beverage...that could easily sit right next to Dr. Pepper and Fresca and Pepsi...

but maybe that's what they're going for...make it an 'everyday average beverage' that doesn't have any stigmas attached to it or anything

I just wish they'd drop the whole accented-oval design that is soooo 1999ish.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

new can looks great...only thing is it kinda doesn't look like an alcoholic beverage...that could easily sit right next to Dr. Pepper and Fresca and Pepsi...

but maybe that's what they're going for...make it an 'everyday average beverage' that doesn't have any stigmas attached to it or anything

I think you may be right in they they may have to change the can color due to popularity and confusuion with Pepsi. There will be a group that will b*tch on their change as well as Pepsi change, plus a State Supreme Court may agree (just look at how A-B had to drop 180 from most marketing). As for the arch and movement, that is a classic marketing and logo usage for most anything which wants to indicate activeness, which light beers want to indicate

Either that, or they just went with what they knew, since they really don't know what a can full of carbonated p|$$ is supposed to look like. :P

CCSLC signature.png

Something seems to be working. Bud Light?s sales, measured in cases, are up about 1.5 percent in supermarkets so far this year. The Bud Light ?mega brand? ? including Bud Light, Bud Light Lime and Bud Light Chelada ? has gained a full point of market share, Levy said, quoting data from Chicago-based Information Resources Inc.

I'm sure it has more to do with the alcoholics being created from lay-offs due to the economy, more than new packaging.

Archived