Obama Commemorative Inauguration Basketball Jersey

Waffles

Apologies in advance for bringing politics into the Sports Logos section, but the marketing juggernaut that was/is/will be the Barack Obama campaign/transition/administration has made its move into sports uniforms at the official Inaugural Collectibles store:

BasketballJersey.jpg

http://pic2009.inauguralcollectibles.com/o...duct/J1009.html

I personally can't wait for them to come out with a throwback to his high school uniform:

posl05_obama0803.jpg

That's it! I'd expect something more completely amazing from the Obama team. This is bland! The campaign style scheme was- let's face it- completely awesome.

Agreed. And, in the spirit of bipartisanship, it's worth remembering that the McCain campaign also had the best graphics of any Republican candidate. An unusual victory for the best logos in each party, and then for the better logo in the general election. Most years, there's one candidate with outstanding logos, but of course he only has outstanding logos because he doesn't have enough top political advisors around to tell him not to do anything as risky as being original or interesting or creative, so he flames out of the race before the votes are counted in Concord.

And, yeah, that's a pretty weak basketball jersey, stylish Obama campaign or no. Better, in its simplicity, than most actual NBA jerseys, but much too plain.

20082614447.png

I can see where they were going with it, but some white stars down the sides or a red stripe on the sides and white stars across the bottom would have made that a lot cooler looking.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

If that high school started selling these and licensing them to the market, they would probably never have to do another fundraiser again!

I do hear that he wants to put an indoor basketball court in the White House...I do admit that would be pretty cool and could be a huge motivator for me to start a presidential campaign in 2024!

Just hope they don't gut up the bowling alley to do it, though...

bYhYmxh.png

If that high school started selling these and licensing them to the market, they would probably never have to do another fundraiser again!

I do hear that he wants to put an indoor basketball court in the White House...I do admit that would be pretty cool and could be a huge motivator for me to start a presidential campaign in 2024!

Cricket field!!!!!

Judging on how bad of a bowler Obama though...

...bye bye bowling alley!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I now have the urge to make basketball concepts for each president, in period-style.

Anyone before Chester A. Arthur would be an interesting challenge. Maybe I'd have to borrow from other "sports" uniforms of the day.

do it

Archived