2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and Boston fans are the worst.

Honorable mention: Yankee fans.

Went tonight, and it's the best beating up on your rivals, and making their fans shut up early.

Also got on the big screen! B)

Oh I know they whine and cry for one and now they can't :censored:ing shut up (Boston fans of course)

Also, the Indians are closer now than they were in '05 when they almost came back.

6fQjS3M.png

Brad Lidge is officially done. They simply can't keep trotting this guy out there every night. As much as I can't stand Brett Myers personally, maybe instead of coming back in a middle-innings role, he could resume his closer role from 2007. It's looking more and more like Lidge's miracle 2008 was indeed just that - a miracle. An aberration, if you will.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

According to Sports Center, the Pirates send Jack Wilson and Ian Snell to Seattle for Ronny Cedeno and catcher Jeff Clement. I think there were a couple other prospects sent to Pittsburgh as well.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

According to Sports Center, the Pirates send Jack Wilson and Ian Snell to Seattle for Ronny Cedeno and catcher Jeff Clement. I think there were a couple other prospects sent to Pittsburgh as well.

How the mighty have fallen....

Oh wait.

Rumors are swirling here, thanks to the radio, that we might have the Halladay deal coming to Philly. Boy, I hope not, I think the asking price is too high, and that we're going to end up missing the playoffs if we do. After all, Happ's the best pitcher we have - we lose him, we might as well concede the division to the Marlins.

LvZYtbZ.png

Pathetic.

The Pirates would trade away their parrot mascot for prospects if they could.

6uXNWAo.png

Rumors are swirling here, thanks to the radio, that we might have the Halladay deal coming to Philly. Boy, I hope not, I think the asking price is too high, and that we're going to end up missing the playoffs if we do. After all, Happ's the best pitcher we have - we lose him, we might as well concede the division to the Marlins.

I keep hearing that the Lee deal is just about done. Carrasco, Marson, and Donald were scratched from their lineups today...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I just hope something with Halladay gets done. It seems like its holding up alot of other trades. I'd like to see the O's trade George Sherrill, but most of the interested teams are also interested in Halladay.

In other news, Chris Tillman will make his debut for the O's tonight. He will be the first of the Orioles' Big 3 pitching prospects to make the big league team. Tillman was acquired from the Mariners in the Erik Bedard deal and some have said he will be the best part of the trade (Adam Jones was also a part of the trade).

I keep hearing that the Lee deal is just about done. Carrasco, Marson, and Donald were scratched from their lineups today...
Crap. Again, we might be needing to just concede to the Marlins. I don't want Happ out of the rotation.

LvZYtbZ.png

Oh, and Boston fans are the worst.

Honorable mention: Yankee fans.

Went tonight, and it's the best beating up on your rivals, and making their fans shut up early.

Also got on the big screen! B)

Just a question here, can a Tampa Bay Rays fan really call out another teams fan base? I mean, sure Sox and Yanks fans can be abrasive, but at least they're supporting their team regardless. 80% of the current Rays fan base didn't even realize they were playing professional baseball in St. Pete until June of last year. Gimmie a break.

Is this sarcasm?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Is this sarcasm?

Chris, this is Will, he's actually being serious

Is this sarcasm?

No, it's irrational.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived