Mets' pizza patch the laughingstock of baseball uniform world

Waleslax

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_leagu...?urn=mlb,133840

http://www.metsblog.com/2009/01/12/read-mo...ti-field-patch/

I am not sure if this has been discussed; I did a search and didn't come up with anything, but have to admit, I didn't get to check through postings though.

In any event, I didn't see the immediately see the Pizza Hut comparison until I it was pointed out in this article, but that withstanding, I think it is an AWFUL patch. (*)

Thoughts?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_leagu...?urn=mlb,133840

http://www.metsblog.com/2009/01/12/read-mo...ti-field-patch/

I am not sure if this has been discussed; I did a search and didn't come up with anything, but have to admit, I didn't get to check through postings though.

In any event, I didn't see the immediately see the Pizza Hut comparison until I it was pointed out in this article, but that withstanding, I think it is an AWFUL patch. (*)

Thoughts?

You mean domino's

Mets_Dominos.png

if someone didn't say this was for the mets, i thought would have been for the Islanders.

i'm thinking the same person that redesigned the Pepsi products designed this logo.

Except that the Mutts patch is bad, while the pepsi stuff owns.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Comparing the sleeve patch to the Domino's logo is ridiculous. The sleeve patch is not affixed to the jersey at an angle as displayed above. The patch is a rectangle, the Domino's logo is a square. The fonts and colors are different.

Objectively speaking, there are NO similarities between the patch and the Domino's logo.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Comparing the sleeve patch to the Domino's logo is ridiculous. The sleeve patch is not affixed to the jersey at an angle as displayed above. The patch is a rectangle, the Domino's logo is a square. The fonts and colors are different.

Objectively speaking, there are NO similarities between the patch and the Domino's logo.

One's a mediocre company selling sauce and cheese (and toppings) on breaded dough, the other a mediocre baseball team that combusts in September.

The jersey patch is most certainly displayed at an angle:

Rodriguez5.jpgRodriguez6.jpg

I laughed so hard when I read the articles about it because everyone on this site already took that thing apart because of how bad it looks. I'm glad cuz I hate the Mets. Just one more thing to laugh at them about ;)

The jersey patch is most certainly displayed at an angle:

Not here...

dwright2.jpg

That picture is a of a jersey being sold on eBay by a seller named SofaSurfer, he knows jack about jerseys he is the king of mis-attributed jerseys on eBay.

My jersey was done by Stitches they are the ones that customize the jerseys for the Mets I think they know what they are doing. If you look at the Citi Field logo it is not straight it is at an angle and that is how it will be worn on the jerseys.

I hate the patch but as a Mets jersey collector I had to have one with the patch on it ugly or not.

I wonder how long will customers will be allowed to order pizza in Citi Field. Do they got 30 minutes?

I know, bad joke.

You can improve that joke saying with this way:

I wonder how long will customers will be allowed to order pizza in Citi Field. Do they got 3 innings?

After that, let's say:

I know, very good joke!!!

:D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived