New Rangers Uniforms

josh1068

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Called. They want their red Jersey back.....

226-josh.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

"Look, maw, we got that there stretchin' fabric for our baseball shirts."

I LOVE that red Rangers hat though. It reminds me of when Pudge, Raffy, and the rest of the squad we're actually a pretty decent ballclub.

Yeah, in the late 90's, when they were the Yankees biatch in the playoffs.

You know what's funny? The fact that Yankees fans still have no class.

Red is part of our scheme, going back before the California/Anaheim/Los Angeles problem. The team that we had was amazing, and the colors that we had worked when we were winning the west. I didn't like the jerseys at first, but since every single poster on here has a problem with my team, moreso than the jerseys, I think I'll go out and buy one.

Red is part of our scheme, going back before the California/Anaheim/Los Angeles problem. The team that we had was amazing, and the colors that we had worked when we were winning the west. I didn't like the jerseys at first, but since every single poster on here has a problem with my team, moreso than the jerseys, I think I'll go out and buy one.

Don't tell me I hurt your feelings. :rolleyes:

No, not really. My favorite memory is watching my Rangers beat your Yankees at Yankee Stadium last year, when all of the friendly fans were talking about how they were "going to destroy the minor league team," and how Josh Hamilton is a "doped up loser." Again, I'm stating the facts as I see them, and that is Yankees fans have no class.

BTW, thanks for taking A-rod off of our hands and letting him steal your money instead. He loves to win championships, doesn't he?

alright girls, back to your corners...TrueYank, no phone, PerfectZero, the slumber party's canceled

back in the day when you weren't :censored: if you aint at least touched the latest Eastbay, I recall a year where they had these fan jerseys with the team's road lettering on white jerseys (e.g. the first SEATTLE wordmark on a white M's jersey, the Chicago script on pinstripes, etc). The Rangers' new homes remind me of that, exactly. I'm predicting they have RANGERS back on there in a year.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

alright girls, back to your corners...TrueYank, no phone, PerfectZero, the slumber party's canceled

back in the day when you weren't :censored: if you aint at least touched the latest Eastbay, I recall a year where they had these fan jerseys with the team's road lettering on white jerseys (e.g. the first SEATTLE wordmark on a white M's jersey, the Chicago script on pinstripes, etc). The Rangers' new homes remind me of that, exactly. I'm predicting they have RANGERS back on there in a year.

Now what am I going to do? Drink?

Naw.

In any case, I do hope the 'Rangers' comes back to the home jerseys. I already know they play in the former Republic, I don't need to be reminded that every time they play.

back in the day when you weren't :censored: if you aint at least touched the latest Eastbay, I recall a year where they had these fan jerseys with the team's road lettering on white jerseys (e.g. the first SEATTLE wordmark on a white M's jersey, the Chicago script on pinstripes, etc).

I had a Brewers one of those jerseys - white with the Germanic "Milwaukee" across the front. Starter made those, they looked great, and they were comfortable as all hell.

And I remember the days when Eastbay was the go-to for apparel for the four major leagues, plus the IHL. As opposed to now, where it's mainly a source of overpriced urban streetwear. It makes me wonder how much in the way of Ecko and Akadmks surplus can be found on the streets of Wausau.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Could the nameplate font size be any BIGGER???? At this rate players with 9 or more letter names will have go down the sleaves...

Clownish is the perfect way to describe those batting helmets. Who designed those things? Mikey from Orange County Choppers?

Which whiny pitcher is going to be the first one to complain about the glare off those things

RobbyBox2.jpg

No, not really. My favorite memory is watching my Rangers beat your Yankees at Yankee Stadium last year, when all of the friendly fans were talking about how they were "going to destroy the minor league team," and how Josh Hamilton is a "doped up loser." Again, I'm stating the facts as I see them, and that is Yankees fans have no class.

BTW, thanks for taking A-rod off of our hands and letting him steal your money instead. He loves to win championships, doesn't he?

May 16, 2006. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just kidding

And I'm not a classless Yankee fan, I just like to mess with ya LOL.

Blue jersey looks fine, and the red looks great.

The dark numbers and NOB on the road grays is awful, and the blue on the homes looks a little too dark, to me. The NOBs are awful, and I didn't notice the points on the block numbers until I looked closely after hearing all the comments on them. It's a small change, and a goofy one at that.

A lot of these elements, as many have said, look like a forced breeding of the Mets and the Angels. Oh, and count me in the camp that thinks all the outlines and shadows and everything just cloud this up even further. If they toned some of that down, I might like this set a little. But no no...with the low rez video and the 5002 outlines and details, I couldn't even read some of the NOBs. Oh, and the Texas thing is overdone...especially when you consider that they bought out the rest of their stadium naming deal to make it RANGERS Park at Arlington (and I had a professor at MTSU who was from Dallas justify the move, saying that they had to do all they could to get the team name out there in the busy DFW sports landscape). So you shell out millions to put the Rangers name out there in the public eye...then do everything you can to remove all signs of it from your uniform rebrand? Money well spent.

Oh, and the helmets weren't as awful as I expected.

They were worse. Worst part of all of this nonsense, bar none. We may be seeing the next "sublimated images on jerseys" trend, and that thought frightens me quite a bit. I will agree with the D grade. I'll just say D, because the red look is sweet. But everything else is awful, even though (grand scheme) they didn't change a whole lot.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Well played card Perfect Zero, you pulled out the A-Rod factor. I have to say I don't mind these uniforms at all except for the red alternate. That red jersey makes Hamilton's tattoos look good. I do have to say, however that the hats are exceptional and I wouldn't mind wearing one around. I think if they add numbers below the Texas script, the set would be much better.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

They could've at least had some consistency with the outlining within the same uniform. Case in point, if you look at the front of the homes (and probably the same with the roads), "Texas" is in blue outlined in red, then white, then the black drop shadow. However, on the back, the name and numbers are blue, then white, then red, then black. The red and white are reversed. The black drop shadown coming off of the white at least help seperate it from the blue and red and make it tolerable. But the inconsistency from front to back does not look good.

Yep. Also, if you look closely, the primary home and road jerseys have a "3D block" shadow on the front TEXAS wordmark and a "drop" shadow on the back numbers and letters (The difference? '3D Block' is designed to look '3D' a la the 49ers numbers, and 'drop shadows' are like what the Mets' jersey wordmarks and numbers have). Unbelievable that a major league team's uniform has these types of inconsistencies. It's what happens when you mix lazy and stupid when re-designing your uniforms.

BTW, the Angels have the same problem of not knowing their lettering 'shadows.' Their red alternate jersey has an ANGELS wordmark with drop shadows and numbers with block shadows.

On a side note, all of the jerseys I mentioned above have FOUR layers of twill lettering. I'm sorry, but that's just overkill... any jersey that needs more than three layers of twill is severely over-designed. Not only does it look bad, but all the extra twill makes the jerseys considerably heavier.

First, in the interest of full disclosure, an admission. I was a Rangers fan when I lived in the DFW area, which was the Pudge/Juan Gonzalez era. But the Rangers just aren't the kind of team that inspires you to follow them wherever you might be. Great ballpark & entertaining games (ever see 26 scored in an MLB game, 16 in one inning? I did...) but not much to get excited about unless you live there. I'm still a Pudge fan - ever see the video of him catching a foul ball near the wall then eating a nacho off some lady's plate? Priceless. He did some things behind the plate, like picking runners off first, where you're sitting there at the game thinking, "Did I just see what I thought I saw?"

My first question here is does anyone have a uni history on the Rangers? Because it sure seems like they bring out new uniforms every other year. They seldom do anything innovative or radically different (except this time with that hideous helmet) but now they're red, no blue, wait, make it red again, well, let's try going back to blue. :rolleyes:

Had to laugh when the first guy missed the stage. From that to the camera work it looks more like Southlake Carroll (local H.S.) presenting new unis than the Rangers. :D

Though there's not much to it, this is a downgrade IMO. Dropping 'Rangers' from the uni, adding that helmet (if baseball had an Arena league, they'd be wearing that helmet), and using 15 outlines on a huge pointy-edged font that would look at home on a poster announcing the circus is in town...well, what else can you say about it?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I didn't see the picture with the numbers. They really DID just stick notches all over block numbers. Looks bad. At least the Angels did a complete job. Another underwhelming outing from the Texas Rangers.

(if baseball had an Arena league, they'd be wearing that helmet)

Right on the money!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived