NHL Alternate Jersey Series

habsfan1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a little plain, but I like it. The colors look good together. It would work well as an alternate.

Alternate is the key word here. I think making the number navy with a white or red outline would make it look better. I'm still not sold on the blue, but it could work.

6fQjS3M.png

If you took all the Gray/Silver out of their logos and replaced it with a sort of Cadet Blue/Denim then used that instead of this Royal Blue you would have an amazing identity. Right now you just have a cool alternate sweater. Oh, and I would add two stars on each wrist. Just my opinion though.

For some reason, the font for the numbers and name just looks out of place to me. Perhaps a traditional block font? Or better yet, a font that matches the wording in the main logo? Overall however, I do like. The main blue colour is beautiful. I wouldn't mind, however, seeing two stars - one at each cuff - on the jersey. Think it would add a little something, and even to mimic the two stars on the main logo.

Nice work, habsfan1!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Wow, I love this! Before they used the combo of navy and black sorta two-toned for an alt, but this is a better take on the two-tone. The color combo looks great.

Suggestions:

I would make the striping on the arms the same width for the red-white red stripe.

The numbers would looks better if they were more blocky, maybe like a rounded block, like UNC basketball uses, and if you would put some navy in the number outline.

It would work well as an alternate.

It is an alternate lol. But yeah, I shoulda said so in the topic title.

For some reason, the font for the numbers and name just looks out of place to me. Perhaps a traditional block font? Or better yet, a font that matches the wording in the main logo? Overall however, I do like. The main blue colour is beautiful. I wouldn't mind, however, seeing two stars - one at each cuff - on the jersey. Think it would add a little something, and even to mimic the two stars on the main logo.

Nice work, habsfan1!

Thanks alot Brass97. Glad you like it. Regarding any stars on the cuffs or anywhere else on the jersey, I initially placed some on the hem and the cuffs and they did not look good anywhere. They didn't blend in with the jersey I've created. If everybody wants stars, I'll find a place to add some but for now, I think they look better without. And if I find a better number font, it will be updated.

Wow, I love this! Before they used the combo of navy and black sorta two-toned for an alt, but this is a better take on the two-tone. The color combo looks great.

Suggestions:

I would make the striping on the arms the same width for the red-white red stripe.

The numbers would looks better if they were more blocky, maybe like a rounded block, like UNC basketball uses, and if you would put some navy in the number outline.

Thanks! I will also relook the arm striping. Although, I kind of like the way there's alot of red on the arms, it's different and colorful and I don't think armstripes and hemstripes have to be identical to each other all the time.

Also, thank you to everyone else who commented.

I will now be using this thread for an NHL alternate jersey series. I want to make a few more and I don't feel like creating a new thread for each one. Now without further ado, the Minnesota Wild is next.

Inspired by the team's 04 ASG jerseys...

wild-1.png

The top left of the chest looks cluttered with the logo and the Captain's patch, pick one or the other. Maybe move the logo to the shoulders. Also, try a darker shade of green like they had with the pre-edge jerseys.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Nice work, habsfan1!

The number and name fonts match since they are the ones the Jackets use, so IMO they look great. I was'nt sure about the lighter blue at first but coming back to it a couple times I like how it looks. I do agree that a star on the cuff would look nice. I also like the looks of the Wild and Flames sweaters. I would like to see both teams use these.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Columbus: Very nice. The hat-in-oval logo fits surprisingly well on the front, and the use of a lighter blue makes much more sense than, say, a red jersey. Although I'm interested to see what this would look like with some decorative stars.

Minnesota: I think we're all expecting them to unveil a third jersey very similar to this. It works suprisingly well without the team's logo anywhere on the jersey, and I especially like the use of green, the most underrated colour in the NHL, as the primary colour. I think it would look that little bit better if the hemstripes matched the arm stripes.

Calgary: As you said, it's nothing too special, but I like it anyway.

Ottawa: This is what the Sens should have used, but it would probably feel more different from the home and away jerseys if the 2D logo was on the front.

Anaheim: Despite the fact that I'm against the idea of an orange Ducks jersey, and that this is clearly a recolouring of Buffalo's template, I really like this. I can't work out why, but I just do. The only thing wrong with it is that there's an orange rectangle behind the logo that doesn't match the rest of the jersey :P

Atlanta: They really should have gone with something like this instead of what they're currently using: it makes more sense to use a blue jersey if they're marketing themselves as "Blueland". Maybe you could also replace the crest with the T-Bird or the Thrasher head logo.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I'm lacking in creativity tonight, I know, but I still like the way they turned out..

A little sloppy as well.

Their are two different shades of orange on the Ducks jersey. The orange around the 'D' is more neon then the rest.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I may be in the minority here, but I like the weagle as a primary logo. My only comment is that the crest may be up to high on the sweater. I 'A' looks awkward up that high on the striping. But that's the only thing I can find wrong with this, and that's a minor thing.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Archived