Black Cavaliers Uniforms?

The Imperfect

I think I heard something about this while watching the Cavaliers game last night against the Kings.

If they come out with a black uniform, it's already too much.

They have their regular uniforms, their early 70's, late 70's, early 80's, blue alternate, those CavsFanatics uniforms, and now these black uniforms?

Does anyone have information on these?

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

They haven't worn the Late 70s unis since 2006 I think.

They wore the Orange Late 80s unis from 2006-2008 (last season).

The only uniforms they've worn this season are the White Home, Wine Road, Navy Alt, Gold Throwback (early 70s), and the CavFanatics unis.

Which is still wayy too much.

But black? Why would they? Are you sure they weren't speaking of the Kings? Because that would make way more sense.

Plus, I think there's a rule that outlaws teams from wearing black if black isn't actually in their color scheme (which for the Cavs, it's not).

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Please no. My friend is a big Cavs/Lebron fan and stays up to date. He told me a while ago, like before this season, that he thought they were making a Black uniform for the Cavs for some Nike promotion. I hope this doesn't happen, but think about it, how can it? The Cavs, from what we know of the rule, can't wear Black, Adidas wouldn't make a special jersey just for a Nike promotion, and the Cavs really can't wear 6 different uniforms in one year. I guess money and Lebron's influence can make anything happen. I hope this is just a stupid rumor started for no reason. Plus, I figured the chalk promotion was the one my friend was talking about. They already did that and wore their Navy uniforms on or near Christmas day I thought.

Edit:

According to their promo schedule they have the following jersey based promotions coming up:

Feb. 3- Black Heritage Celebration- Gold Jersey

Feb. 22- Black Heritage Celebration- Gold Jersey

March 29- Kids Day- Gold Jersey

Is it possible you heard "Black Heritage Celebration and Gold Jersey" and thought you heard "Black jersey"?

How do gold jerseys celebrate black heritage? They just celebrate the Cleveland Cavaliers' crappy heritage. In fact, if anything, wearing uniforms from the white-flight days of the Richfield Coliseum is the opposite of celebrating black heritage.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

thats ridiculous!

We have the white home, the red aways, the alternate blues...gold and blue alts...now a black?!?!

and what about the red and gold alternates they wore last year? they havnt worn those this year too have they!?

Everyone calm down. There is no black jersey for the Cavaliers. This is just a stupid rumor on an internet message board from a nameless, faceless guy who isnt in Cleveland and isnt a Cavaliers fan in any way.

Yes, the marketing jerseys is too much, especially the blue. Yes, it looks good but it isnt the Cavaliers. But there will be no black jersey for the Cavs. Everyone just cool out.

Yes, the marketing jerseys is too much, especially the blue.

Agreed. If the Cavs are going to wear royal blue jerseys, why not use these? As far as I can remember, they have never paid homage to those great late '80s/early '90s Cavs teams with a throwback. (No, the orange mid-'80s ones don't count)

pgprice_0202_narrowweb__300x606,0.jpg

thats ridiculous!

We have the white home, the red aways, the alternate blues...gold and blue alts...now a black?!?!

and what about the red and gold alternates they wore last year? they havnt worn those this year too have they!?

Everyone calm down. There is no black jersey for the Cavaliers. This is just a stupid rumor on an internet message board from a nameless, faceless guy who isnt in Cleveland and isnt a Cavaliers fan in any way.

Yes, the marketing jerseys is too much, especially the blue. Yes, it looks good but it isnt the Cavaliers. But there will be no black jersey for the Cavs. Everyone just cool out.

Hm, then how the hell did I watch the game?

I watch every Cavs game with NBA League Pass, so don't say I don't know anything about the Cavs.

I overheard it while I was studying for finals and my brother was watching the game. I overheard them say something about it, so clearly I didn't really know what I was talking about but hoped that if I posted this someone may have more information.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

That team has way too many uniforms as it is. Every time I stumble across one of their games they're wearing something else. It's ridiculous, especially since their standard identity is so strong. They've got (I think) two blue uniforms and yellow, orange AND red uniforms.

Archived