The Canadian Football Redesign Project

dgnmrwrw

Hmmmm.... The revolver thing worries me a little bit... Most leagues would put the Veto on the adding guns to a set.... I dunno, the green riders was already soooo good.... Your primary is nice, i guess I'm just a little skeptical. ^_^

canada.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stamps look great but I'd like to see a Black Alternate with the Guns on the side that jersey is a huge seller out here I for one wouldn't by it but it's a really nice Alternate.

I've only heard of this gun logo.

Pic?

cal0903-jsb4.jpg

I know this is a double post.... I just want to correct myself about the roughriders/gun thing... I Am Wrong - apparently only the CFL allows guns in the team sets.... Carry on good sir!!!

canada.png

I had a rough idea for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Rather than using thunderbolts which seems too much like the San Diego Charges, I thought about embracing something that would be wholly unique.

I thought one idea would be to embrace the WWII motif and create a helmet logo similar to what was painted on the nose of both fighter and bomber planes- shark/tiger teeth. I have a picture I threw together just to show what lines I was thinking about. Bear in mind this wound be for the helmet only.

For the primary logo, I had an idea to have a bomber crew badge. The image is borrowed from a re-colored badge. It still needs another element on it such as a football, or a "W" or something to associate it with the team...

First of all, I was thinking the same thing about the lightning bolts. One of the biggest problems I've had with these redesigns is trying to keep the Ti-Cats from looking like the Bengals, the Eskimos from looking like the Packers, and the Bombers from looking like the Chargers.

And along those lines, I was also looking at a theme of actual bombers, airmen, etc. I had looked at some crew badges, and a secondary logo I'm working on is derived from them.

As far as your helmet idea, that's a pretty interesting concept. I don't think it's necessarily where I want to go with mine (maybe for an alternate?), but it's definitely thought provoking. I can either see it working beautifully and being really unique, or not working at all and being a total flop. I'll look at it some more when I finish the Winnipeg concept.

The take on the Bombers helment wouldn't work for me, it bugs me alot.

I have no problem if the Bombers look like the Chargers with their own spin on it.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I would really like to see the Bombers with WWII Shark Plane aspect with the W you can't leave the W out it's a tradition or to a lesser extent incorporate an eagle dive bombing seeing that Buzz and Boomer are eagles (Bombers mascots).

Anyways here is an idea for the Plane idea

Sep_12th_0.jpg

Also try get away from the Chargers the Bombers we're around a long time before they rolled around a retroish identity could work.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So I'm curious about how the majority of Blue Bombers fans feel about the Chargers thing. Based on what I can see (in signatures), I've got one vote for and one vote against. I'm still in the very early stages of the Winnipeg concept, so I'm still trying to figure out which way to go.

But for now, does anyone else have any feedback or anything to say about the Saskatchewan concept on the previous page? I'm looking for as much input on that one as I can get, since it's a big change.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I like it. It's got a western style, and given the region they play in, it kinda fits. I also like how you kept the wheat stalks with the "S". I like the whole thing, it looks like a combo of frontier rangers meets proud Mountie lawmen. One thing's for sure, it's an identity that can claim to be its very own.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Presenting the redesigned Toronto Argonauts.

Logo.png

Modern update to the logo, as you can see. I added more gray, stylized the A with a wave effect, and put some more detail on the shield and gave it more decoration (waves) and depth. Here's the secondary, a stylized version of the Argo with a T on the sail, coming out of a circle:

Logo-2.png

For the uniforms, I updated the helmet and added stripes, which are consistent with the stripes on the shoulders and the pants. I gave them a new piping pattern and numeral typeface. The Argos wear navy helmets, navy jerseys, white pants at home. White jerseys and navy pants on the road. There's an alternate home set with a light blue jersey and an alternate white on white road set.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

Being a huge Argos fan, I think these are amazing and way better then what they have now. However I've always liked the Argos monochrome at home instead of as an alternate. I don't know why I just like it. So far all your concepts have been amazing.

g4104.png

Being a huge Argos fan, I think these are amazing and way better then what they have now. However I've always liked the Argos monochrome at home instead of as an alternate. I don't know why I just like it. So far all your concepts have been amazing.

My thoughts exactly! in fact this is pretty much what I was gonna say in my comment.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Love what you've done, for the most part. I'm not crazy about the revised logo, especially the restoration/addition of grey, but I could definitely live with that as an update. Don't like the secondary logo at all, but that's overshadowed by the unis which are really sensational. The only tweaks I'd like to see are:

1. Try light blue numbers on the white jerseys

2. Keep the same piping on the pants but try adding the circle/shield design they had from 1995 through 2004, but with double blue.

Nice work!

Presenting the redesigned Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Logo.png

Okay, after considering changing this identity in two different ways (airmen/bombers or lightning bolts) and doing dozens of sketches, nothing I was coming up with was better than the current Blue Bombers logo. So I kept it, only making very small changes to the football. I did create a new secondary logo, a blockbuster WWII-era bomb falling through two Bs.

For the uniforms, I've given the Bombers an updated version of what they use now. They now have two over-the-shoulder stripes instead of one, to match the two stripes formed by the football in the logo. There's also updated chest piping. They wear gold helmets, blue jerseys, gold pants at home. White jerseys and gold pants on the road, with an alternate set of blue pants included.

For the home alternate, I was inspired by the Bombers' helmet from 1961. It was a much brighter royal-ish blue, with a white lightning bolt with numbers underneath. So I started with that, modernized it, and added the current dark blue and gold to the scheme. It's a big derivation from the main set, but I think it would work well as a once- or twice-a-year alternate.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

These are beauts man I love the BB Bomb but if I could suggest one thing is maybe adding a stripe to the Bombers 3rd and that would be it, A++ on all of the CFL can't wait to see what you have next in store.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived