The Canadian Football Redesign Project

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Ti-Cats concept is the best one I've ever seen. For Hamilton, that is. Actually, that's not much of a compliment since I've only seen one other Ti-Cats concept on these boards. But the point is, it's a really, really great design. I'm not a huge fan of the pants striping, because it doesn't fit so well with the basic design but it's simple, so it's not too bad. But that's an excellent concept overall. One more thing, though. What would it look like if it was gold (not yellow, real gold like Notre Dame) instead of yellow? I'm just curious.

scotland_fifasig.png

Presenting the redesigned BC Lions.

Logo.png

As you can see, I've done an update to what I consider to be a classic logo, instead of doing an all-out redesign. I think the Lions' logo is very close to perfect, but it needs a little tweaking to bring it into the 21st century. So I changed the type, tightened the arrangement, made the strokes more dynamic, and added some white to the lion to give him more definition.

I struggled with the uniforms for a while. At first, I was trying to emphasize black (over orange) and give the jerseys some really dynamic claw-mark strokes. But the more I worked with it and the more I looked at the Lions' current scheme, the more I started leaning toward a more simple, classic design. (The black jerseys I had been trying with the orange claw marks made them look WAY too much like the Ti-Cats design I just finished, too.) So in the end, I went with white helmets, orange jerseys, and white pants at home--like they use now--and white jerseys and orange pants on the road--like they use now. However, my jersey design is much more traditional, with no shoulder piping and simple sleeve stripes... but I think it works for the Lions. I also did a home alternate set with the orange paw print helmet (which I love) and a black jersey.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Wow. I really, really like this one. Beautiful overall look. That black alternate is beautiful. But I think that this may be a set that is better suited to having piping on the chest, like the Edmonton Eskimos current unis (which happen to be my favorite CFL jerseys). It wouldn't ruin the simplicity, but it would add a little to the basic look. I dunno, because this is such an awesome concept, but that might help. Excellent work.

scotland_fifasig.png

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

I'd just use the pawprint helmet logo on all of them, as the primary helmet looks funny when the lion is facing the back of the helmet...

Yeah, it looks odd on these images, when you see both sides of the helmet side-by-side. But the Lions do it that way now, and I don't think it's a problem on the field.

We're halfway there. I thought I would go ahead and post this next one now; there's not much to it...

Presenting the redesigned Calgary Stampeders.

Logo.png

No changes to the logo, as you can see. I did a few sketches for new logos, and honestly nothing was coming close to working as well as what they have now. I know it's incredibly simple, maybe a little dated, and a knockoff of the Mustang logo, but it still works. It's clean, basic, and iconic.

Actually, I think the Stamps' identity in general is quite nice. All I've done is simplify and standardize their uniforms, and put all the focus on red (no more black jerseys or pants). I've given them over-the-shoulder stripes that also match the helmet stripe I added, and the stripe on the pants. I think it gives the Stamps' uniforms more consistency. Red jerseys, white pants at home; white on white on the road. Alternate red pants included.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

Very basic stuff here. Nothing special, but I wanted it out there.

Beautiful work. I'm loving that concept. The red on white and white on white look particularly excellent. I'm sorry to say that I have no real ideas to improve this! It's absolutely gorgeous. The addition of matching striping is nice, and all in all this is my favorite of your concepts so far. You just keep outdoing yourself, don't you?

scotland_fifasig.png

Lions and Stamps look great. I think I would be curious to see the Stamps with a more Western-themed number font (along the lines of the old Cowboys font or maybe the one the Renegades had after the Reebok redesign), but the one you gave them is more than acceptable.

Uniforms looks great. The only thing I would have done differently with Calgary is modify the logo somehow so that it was some element of red within it. I say that because every time I see team logos on TV of in publications, the logo usually has the team colors within it. Calgary has a blank silhouette of the Ford Mustang with a thin black outline- and nothing else. Not a stitch of red to be found. I don't know, maybe something small like red eye and nostrils, maybe something more involved like a red mane, tail, and hooves, or maybe something simplistic like an extra red outline.

But I have to say, the Stamps threads are really sharp. Lately they've been embracing too much black. Between the black number on the away jersey, to the black uni-tard they've be wearing to the black alternate jersey- too much black. Gold is the other color creeping into their scheme. IT was tolorable for their wannabe 49ers pants when they used it as a throwback/alternate, but a few stitches of it started creeping into their regular uniforms, and it just doesn't work. Also they have too many logos. They have one for every jersey. I say just pick one already.

So you can imagine my satisfation when I saw your uniforms. I like how this concept concentrates on just the Mustang. Black is back to being a secondary color and finally there is some continuity throughout. I also like that the "clown collar" on the away jersey is gone.

Overall your best revamp yet.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Wow, I'm really surprised by all the positive feedback on the Stamps. I was afraid I hadn't done enough to that concept, but maybe less is more. I'm glad you guys like that one, because right now it looks like Edmonton might go down the same road (a few slight tweaks only).

Lions and Stamps look great. I think I would be curious to see the Stamps with a more Western-themed number font (along the lines of the old Cowboys font or maybe the one the Renegades had after the Reebok redesign), but the one you gave them is more than acceptable.

I was THIS close to doing something along those lines. It would seem to fit the identity and the Calgary area. But the more I worked on initial ideas for these, the more I thought that sort of theme would fit Saskatchewan. Especially with the style of the S in their logo. So look for a Western/Great Plains thing going on in the Roughriders concept.

Stamps look great but I'd like to see a Black Alternate with the Guns on the side that jersey is a huge seller out here I for one wouldn't by it but it's a really nice Alternate.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived