Utah Jazz' patch in honour of owner Larry H. Miller

MVP

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple - he believes that the basketball-note design only belonged when the team was in New Orleans. Well, they did use it in Utah, so it's part of their history too. And it's very nice, I think, to use it in this context, and a clever design to put his initials in the flag of the note.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

From a purely aesthetic POV, it looks very out of place on their current uniforms. Using current colors or even a part of a mountain found on their primary would look better to me. That said, I think it is great they are honoring him.

A poorly designed patch, but what amuses me is that they probably have had them in storage for the last few years waiting for the guy to die.

So that's what was inside the package reading "Do Not Open Until Larry H Miller Dies"

I saw, I came, I left.

If this is a homage to the late owner, then I certainly don't want to offend, but if it a site in which we look at and evaluate uniforms and such, then I simply say when I see that symbol I believe that it rightly belongs in New Orleans, LA from whence it came. I am no hypocrite, although I am a fan of the Hornets....that name should not have left Charlotte

Saints2.pnglsu21bcs1.png

saintsflagbd4.jpg

I would've just done the basketball note in black.

when I see that symbol I believe that it rightly belongs in New Orleans, LA from whence it came.

Hardly anyone remembers the New Orleans Jazz because they failed. The Utah Jazz, however, have been a success. Let it go.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A poorly designed patch, but what amuses me is that they probably have had them in storage for the last few years waiting for the guy to die.

Danimal, can you do us all a favor and start posting under duplicate accounts?

Note to mods: this guy is all but begging for it at this point.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived