Last 76ers Game at the Spectrum

BB61

Tonight, the 76ers will play one last game at their old home, the [Wachovia] Spectrum, before it gets demolished. The Sixers will play Chicago and will wear their 1983 throwbacks, the ones that they have worn for most of their home games this season and the ones that they will reportedly switch to full time next year. No word on whether the Bulls will wear their 80's style "Chicago" script throwbacks, especially in light of the fact that their jersey has remained mostly unchanged since they went away from the script font in the mid-80's.

The team is bringing back the 1983 championship court for tonight's game. The court has been refurbished and touched up with the modern NBA marks (charge lane, etc)

six_090225_spectrum_court_300.jpg

I have my camera, I will be getting there early, I will be taking pictures.

philly.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realize they don't play at the arena formerly know as The Spectrum. I thought it just changed corporate names over time.

So they are really playing a game at a different site to commemorate its closing? That's pretty sweet right there.

Have fun, I'm jealous!

Tonight, the 76ers will play one last game at their old home, the [Wachovia] Spectrum, before it gets demolished. The Sixers will play Chicago and will wear their 1983 throwbacks, the ones that they have worn for most of their home games this season and the ones that they will reportedly switch to full time next year. No word on whether the Bulls will wear their 80's style "Chicago" script throwbacks, especially in light of the fact that their jersey has remained mostly unchanged since they went away from the script font in the mid-80's.

The team is bringing back the 1983 championship court for tonight's game. The court has been refurbished and touched up with the modern NBA marks (charge lane, etc)

Can someone please kill that mascot? word mascot ever.

But its cool the sixers are playin in the spectrum, last time they played in it was 1996.

Can someone please kill that mascot? word mascot ever.

But its col the sixers are playin in the pectrum, last time they played in it was 1996.

Word.

Everyone loves a roundel.

What other teams would we like to see play one more game in a stadium or arena that they use to play in? Including redoing the floor and wearing throwback uniforms.

I would like to see the Bucks play at the MECCA.

What other teams would we like to see play one more game in a stadium or arena that they use to play in? Including redoing the floor and wearing throwback uniforms.

The Astros in the dome! It still stands, too. Calling it a dump, though, would be an insult to dumps. The city has no clue what to do with it and it gets little to no maintenance.

The Astros in the dome! It still stands, too. Calling it a dump, though, would be an insult to dumps. The city has no clue what to do with it and it gets little to no maintenance.

They would have to play more than one game because of the different uniforms I would like to see them wear.

Are the Flyers playing a regular season game at the Spectrum this year too? Or was the preseason game back in September the only one?

As far as I know, they're done with the Spectrum.

What sucks about this game is that up until a month ago, the cheapest ticket was $75. I don't know of anyone that would pay $75 for a nosebleed seat unless it was a Finals game. That said, they did eventually lower the price to $19.67, and I ended up getting mine on StubHub for about $30.

philly.png

God, do i really hope the Bulls wear those Chicago scripted unis, they're beautiful. Nothing like Bulls history before Jordan!

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Was that Wachovia script on the floor in 1983?

I didn't realize they don't play at the arena formerly know as The Spectrum. I thought it just changed corporate names over time.

So they are really playing a game at a different site to commemorate its closing? That's pretty sweet right there.

Have fun, I'm jealous!

front.jpg

yeah the center and the spectrum are right next too each other, i think the spectrum is in the left corner

Archived