Bohob's MLB Redesign Project

bohob

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#11 Miami Marlins

First off, thanks to everyone who commented on the Nats. As for the Marlins, I figured with the name change to Miami immanent, I would just start with them as Miami. I wanted to focus on teal because it is their color of distinction. The hat logo no longer has a fish on it because IMO caps should have simpler designs (aside from BP caps at least). I have also updated the Marlin slightly to bring it into the 21st century. The sleeves feature wavy piping, which I got the inspiration for from Elliot's BP series. I made a Miami wordmark to match the Marlins one. Also I used charcoal, and a greenish grey instead of black and standard road grey. C&C is appreciated.

marlins_id.jpg

marlins_home.jpg

marlins_away.jpg

marlins_bp.jpg

I like that you emphasized teal more, the logos look really nice minus black. On the unis, the wavy pattern you have looks good on the sleeves, but I don't know about the pants. I think it would be alright to just use a straight line on the pants. Other than that, I really like this. Oh and also I LOVE the green-ish road unis, nice job on that.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I like this a lot. Really good balance of colors, creative wordmark treatment, and unique striping make for a good concept. I find that the dark gray looks washed out (especially on the BP jersey), and maybe black would work better, but at the same time I see that you're going for a black-less concept and that wouldn't work in context. The home and road (nice shade of gray) jerseys look really nice (and the Sunday alt is beautiful), and the home alt is really nice looking. The road alt looks strange to me; I don't really like how the dark gray top and light gray bottom work together. Excellent job overall, and I'm eagerly anticipating the next concept!

scotland_fifasig.png

I think the Marlin logo would look good without the "M," just a fish on its own.

As a hat logo, on the BP jersey, or both?

I was thinking maybe something on the jersey sleeves, kind of like how the Tampa Bay Rays have a manta ray on the sleeves.

Quillz, it's an interesting idea, but the middle part of the Marlin needs something over it, otherwise it looks bare.

#12 Arizona Diamondbacks

First off, the current A needs to go. Second, IMO the current hat D looks too Disney. So I focused on the DB snake head, which IMO is the most creative use of typography in a sports logo since the ball-in-glove. I focused on red in this one, making the numbers on the back red on the home and away. The sleeve trim is diamonds, which I feel is more true to the name than the triangle trim they used to sport. Anyways, I'm in a hurry, so gotta go. C&C it up!

dbacks_id.jpg

dbacks_home.jpg

dbacks_away.jpg

dbacks_bp.jpg

I likeeeeeeeeeeee. I kinda like how you used the state of arizona in your primary, not too many mlb teams or none as far as a i can think right now use their state in a logo. but I do think the A logo needs to be in there somewhere, there is TOO big of a focus on the "DB" snake head logo. I think the A should be on at least one of the hats, and just use the arizona logo as a patch. good work though. I like this redesign.

EDIT: Milwaukee uses the state of Wisconsin in one of theirs. sorry! haha

DOUBLE EDIT: :P Houston and Minnesota. Okay I take back what I said about no teams using their state. I just wasn't thinking.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

Not a fan of this one. The only thing I really like is the sunday alt and the striping on it.

The A logo is one of my favorites in the MLB, at least the snake aspect of it. Simply said, it would be a huge downgrade if they got rid of that.

To me, the db logo is more of a secondary type logo than to focus on it a lot. I like that you made it look like a snake, though it looks a bit forced. The db logo looks slapped on in the tertiary. I would keep the A logo as the primary, use your db as the secondary, and the simple state outline as the tertiary, and the logo set improves greatly. Also, not a fan of the all lowercase wordmark. I think the wordmarks they have now are perfect.

Don't like the cream/sand aways. Usually I do, but for some reason I feel like you've been using different (non gray) colors for away uniforms, and it's starting to lose its uniqueness to me.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Not a fan of this one. The only thing I really like is the sunday alt and the striping on it.

The A logo is one of my favorites in the MLB, at least the snake aspect of it. Simply said, it would be a huge downgrade if they got rid of that.

To me, the db logo is more of a secondary type logo than to focus on it a lot. I like that you made it look like a snake, though it looks a bit forced. The db logo looks slapped on in the tertiary. I would keep the A logo as the primary, use your db as the secondary, and the simple state outline as the tertiary, and the logo set improves greatly. Also, not a fan of the all lowercase wordmark. I think the wordmarks they have now are perfect.

Don't like the cream/sand aways. Usually I do, but for some reason I feel like you've been using different (non gray) colors for away uniforms, and it's starting to lose its uniqueness to me.

What exactly is the snake aspect of the A logo? Are you referring to the triangles on it? Personally, I never like the used of triangles for the diamondbacks. As far as the db logo goes, I didn't edit it except for the colors. You make a good point regarding the tertiary. And for the wordmark, would a capital D at the beginning make it work for you? Speaking on the uniforms, from a series standpoint, if I crammed all the non-grey road uniforms into two divisions, wouldn't that be pretty stupid? I am drastically overhauling the illogical standard that just about every team needs a grey road uniform, regardless of the color scheme. I don't repeat road uniform colors within a division (except grey), but I don't mind seeing half the teams with something other than grey, and some other teams with slightly altered greys. I will see what I can do regarding making an A logo, but it won't be too close to the one they have now, which I feel is outdated and doesn't match the current typography.

Sorry, wow, I feel like a total idiot. The whole time I was thinking that Gary's old Dbacks concept with the snake head from the D logo merged with the A was what they actually used (kudos to him for making it so realistic). Disregard that whole aspect of my C&C.

As far as the aways go, I just don't think the sand fits them. I know it's sort of in their color scheme, but I just prefer seeing them in gray I guess. Maybe I'd like the sand better if I saw it in real life, but it seems to forced in most of your concepts, because you want more than half the teams to have non-gray aways. That's just my PERSONAL opinion on the matter. You can do anything you want, its your series, so by all means continue making different colored away uniforms, but I'm just not a fan of the excessive use that it's been in your concepts.

For the wordmarks, I just don't like the all lowercase. It wouldn't change much if you added a capital D, I'm just a much bigger fan of the one they currently have.

On the db logo in the wordmark: I'd make the db the same size as the rest of the wordmark, rather than make it huge. It makes it look forced and out of place. If you want the eye to focus in on the db, then just get rid of all the other letters.

spacer.png

Brewers: great color update of the ball & glove logo

Astros: I love that primary logo; a unique integration of colors

Braves: I absolutely love those uniforms. Very well done

D'Backs: Downgrade from their current set. Yours seems too forced with the diamonds & the huge DB in the middle of Diamondbacks in the primary

ujsignature.png

UPDATE #12 ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS

On the primary, I made the db snake smaller, as well as giving the wordmark a capital D and making it more true to the jersey script. The Arizona shape is now smaller because of it. The tertiary is an A with the snake head from the D logo. I was hesitant to do this because it has been done a few times already, but I did need another mark. The A is now on the road cap, as well as the BP cap. It also appears on the right sleeve of the home and home alt. uniforms. I switched the sleeve so the snake wasn't facing backwards (a pet peeve of mine on numerous concepts and a few MLB uniforms). I kept the diamond trim because although it was fair to say the tertiary and overuse of the db was forced, the diamond trim is a subtle, unique idea that is no more forced the the triangle trim of the 90s. I have also kept the sand road uniforms. Chestnutz, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I feel that baseball could really profit from interesting colors on road jerseys. It seems like they aren't as popular as they could be. The db is now the sleeve patch on the right sleeve of the roads. The Sunday alt is unchanged. C&C is greatly appreciated.

dbacks_id2.jpg

dbacks_home2.jpg

dbacks_away2.jpg

dbacks_bp2.jpg

UPDATE #12 ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS

On the primary, I made the db snake smaller, as well as giving the wordmark a capital D and making it more true to the jersey script. The Arizona shape is now smaller because of it. The tertiary is an A with the snake head from the D logo. I was hesitant to do this because it has been done a few times already, but I did need another mark. The A is now on the road cap, as well as the BP cap. It also appears on the right sleeve of the home and home alt. uniforms. I switched the sleeve so the snake wasn't facing backwards (a pet peeve of mine on numerous concepts and a few MLB uniforms). I kept the diamond trim because although it was fair to say the tertiary and overuse of the db was forced, the diamond trim is a subtle, unique idea that is no more forced the the triangle trim of the 90s. I have also kept the sand road uniforms. Chestnutz, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I feel that baseball could really profit from interesting colors on road jerseys. It seems like they aren't as popular as they could be. The db is now the sleeve patch on the right sleeve of the roads. The Sunday alt is unchanged. C&C is greatly appreciated.

Hey that's fine with me. I respect you as much as anyone else on the board, so we'll just have to disagree on that point ^_^

The improvement is worlds better though. The updated primary is much better and flows nicely. I like that you brought back the snake, but the one thing that I don't like is how the A isn't uniform at all. It just seems like random jaggedy points instead of an A.

I still love that diamond sleeve striping though.

spacer.png

Archived