Logos that have grown on you

patsox

What are some logos/redesigns/rebrands that you used to hate but eventually you warmed up on?

Some that come to mind right away for me are the following:

Stop & Shop

-At first I was outraged when they changed, but over time I have come to like the application of the colors/motifs etc

OKC Thunder

-At first I HATED the logo, but now I just dislike it.

TB Rays

-I actually really like their identity now. At first I was like...meh.

Toronto Blue Jays

-At first I hated it, but now I like the home jersey, alternate jersey, and black cap

Boston Bruins

-Before, I didn't like the updated Spoked-B but now I believe it is their best logo to date.

Canucks Orca. Hated it at first (maybe due to the colors) but the more I thought about it, and learned about how the design of the whale tied into the native art style of the PNW (despite it being a borderline corporate symbol) I really started to like it. The color change helped a lot too, but I think they could have done a better job of working green into it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can't think of many off the top of my head, but I guess the Pacers logo would qualify. Used to hate it (well, moreso I hated the team which influenced me hating everything about them including their logo), but now it's grown on me. Ditto with the Nuggets' mountain logo, but only after they changed their colors from that dark 'n muddy scheme they had.

If anything, it would be tons easier to list all the logos that have soured on me.

I disliked the Bengals helmet when it was first introduced, mostly because was different. I soon learned to appreciate its brilliance, especially compared to the lame BENGALS text logo they had before that.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The logos for events held in Detroit, I've had real issues with. The Super Bowl XL logo, when it came out, I hated it. HATED it. But as time went, I appreciated the simplicity and unique aspects of the logo. It's got a pretty take-it-or-leave-it quality that's very much like the city itself. It doesn't look like much, but as far as Super Bowl logos go, it does tend to stand alone. On the other hand, there's the All-Star Game logo from '05; looks just like any other logo from any other all star game. I would've loved to have see them come up with a logo that was as unique as the one they came up with for San Fran a few years later.

Now, the Final Four logo for this year? Bad. Ass.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

The new Canucks' Johnny Canuck V logo. I absolutely hated it when it came out because it was not the classic skating logo. It just seemed like marketing BS to me. But when I saw it on the dark background at their team store I started to like it. The fact that they are bringing back the skating logo version also helps.... A "V" logo makes total sense for this market. It's been a tradition for professional Vancouver hockey teams to wear a V on their uniforms. It dates back to 1912 when the millionaires were here. Many other teams have worn a V on their uniforms as well.There arent that many teams with a V logo so it's pretty unique - I don't see the vachon similarity either.

DEATH TO REEBOK

I absolutely abhorred the Milwaukee Admirals' "Deadmiral" package when it debuted. Ended up liking it so dang much, I bought a jersey (pre-Edge, before they screwed up the design, thankfully.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The NFL logo. At first I thought "Why change? It's a classic logo that doesn't need anything fixed". Now I realize that the new logo is so much simpler, less jumbled. I also thing it's a great modernization to a classic logo that I can associate with when I grow old and tell my kids how I remembered when the logo was introduced, and how I remembered the classic logo growing up, rooting for the "Greatest Show on Turf", that is, if the Rams are still around... ^_^

I hated the Stars home jersey when it was introduced last year. I couldn't understand why they would put DALLAS on the front of the jersey. It has totally grown on me now and I think it is a really classy look.

Although I would still totally prefer a green jersey ;)

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

The Vikings' jerseys have really grown on me. As long as they don't wear the purple pants, I will enjoy watching them in those uniforms.

The blind and unreasoning hatred of purple pants continues.

Sad.

Can't tell if you meant that tongue-in-cheek but as for me, I like the purple pants as long as they're wearing white jerseys. Any monochrome look is pretty hideous but when you also have a HELMET the same color? That's horrible.

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

#29 should really get that missing left hand looked at. B)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Since the Vikings are the hot flavor of the moment, let me chime in.

I don't know what it is about their current duds or how this happened, but those things went from being near the top of my ridicule list to being near the top of my favorites list. Mightly quickly, too, I might add. Don't know how or why, but they have.

(And FTR...I am not one of those who abhors the color purple OR purple pants. In fact, the Vikes need to bring those back into action...so long as they get some white socks with it.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

At the moment I can't really think of any logos that have grown on me, but I could list about 100 logos that have had the opposite affect on me from since I was a kid. The sabres old "Goat Head" was one of my favorite NHL logos growing up, but now I hate the thing.

At the moment I can't really think of any logos that have grown on me, but I could list about 100 logos that have had the opposite affect on me from since I was a kid. The sabres old "Goat Head" was one of my favorite NHL logos growing up, but now I hate the thing.

That's the Florida Panthers logo for me.

qdx55wdx4akljqkvzi1s3e6t3.gif

I mean, it could've been alot worse. I think what makes it bad is the fact that the "Thunder" wordmark is on the top, now if it was just what's up there, It'd be decent.

(IMO), how could it possibly be worse? I can't think of any way this logo could make less sense.

I'm with habsfan, this garbage will NEVER grow on me.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

Archived