Logos that have grown on you

patsox

The Vikings' jerseys have really grown on me. As long as they don't wear the purple pants, I will enjoy watching them in those uniforms.

The blind and unreasoning hatred of purple pants continues.

Sad.

Can't tell if you meant that tongue-in-cheek but as for me, I like the purple pants as long as they're wearing white jerseys. Any monochrome look is pretty hideous but when you also have a HELMET the same color? That's horrible.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

No, I meant it... the purple pants are nice. Especially when you consider that the white pants weren't designed to go with the white jerseys... that's the whole point of that constrasting panel on the hip... to connect the white pants with details on the purple jersey, and the purple pants with the details on the white jersey. Wearing the all white with that dumb white space interupting the side stripes just makes it obvious the uniform wasn't designed for an all white version. Plus purple pants are just cool (or would be with a pair of white-with-stripes sox).

Of course I'd prefer a simplified version that did away with the jersey side panels all together... problem solved.

And yes... I agree, all dark = high school crap.

Sorry to bring this back up to the first page, but I was just viewing the "what makes a good logo" thread and it made me think of a logo that has grown on me. That is the Hartford Whalers primary. I never really liked it until I started to understand all of the elements. I used to only see the Tail and W, but once I noticed the H in there it made me realize just how brilliant it is.

qdx55wdx4akljqkvzi1s3e6t3.gif

I mean, it could've been alot worse. I think what makes it bad is the fact that the "Thunder" wordmark is on the top, now if it was just what's up there, It'd be decent.

Oklahoma's logo is not OK (excuse the pun).

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

The logos for events held in Detroit, I've had real issues with. The Super Bowl XL logo, when it came out, I hated it. HATED it. But as time went, I appreciated the simplicity and unique aspects of the logo. It's got a pretty take-it-or-leave-it quality that's very much like the city itself. It doesn't look like much, but as far as Super Bowl logos go, it does tend to stand alone. On the other hand, there's the All-Star Game logo from '05; looks just like any other logo from any other all star game. I would've loved to have see them come up with a logo that was as unique as the one they came up with for San Fran a few years later.

Now, the Final Four logo for this year? Bad. Ass.

Agreed. The Super Bowl XL logo just gets better with time, much like I'm finding King of the Hill reruns to be. And the Final Four logo is the best one I can remember.

sportsbanner-single.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First time post.

The one logo that has really grown on me is the update Hamilton Tiger-Cats logo. While I still love and prefer the classic one, it's what I use on my licence plate, but the updated one actually looks better on the football helmets. The classic logo on the helmets tend to get muddied and undefined from a distance (no doubt due to it's busyness) but the new ones really pop, showing great clarity and even gives the illusion that tiger is leaping from the helmet.

tigercatssignature-1.png

LCPanther said:
Old School Fool said:

I mean, it could've been alot worse. I think what makes it bad is the fact that the "Thunder" wordmark is on the top, now if it was just what's up there, It'd be decent.

(IMO), how could it possibly be worse? I can't think of any way this logo could make less sense.

I'm with habsfan, this garbage will NEVER grow on me.

I agree that it's brutal. And the only way the above gets any worse is writing "Thunder" above it.

That said, it was once suggested on this board that that logo was designed for whatever nickname won out--they were going to put any name above it, which is why it has no elements relating to thunder. Remember, they did not have a lot of time to come up with an identity. I suspect they'll be coming out with something for 09-10 or 10-11 at the latest.

As for the logo that has grown on me...

The Angles. I never thought much of the logo in the 1980s. After their disney problem, they came back with it and while my initial reaction was sour (though an obvious improvement over the faux vest era) it did not take me long to get on board. Of course that was "update aided" growth.

The T-Wolves current uniforms. I started out very disappointed that they are so similar to what they had, but I've come to decide that they are a definite improvement. My only gripe is that the green only shows up on side panels and not letters/numbers.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I am generally finding that the NFL monochrome look is not as bad as once it was, especially if the color is black. Though all purple is fairly hideous. My own view of the Vikings look is that I liked the old uniform set personally. (Especially the white shirt). Sure it was a bit inconsistent, but who really cares about that?

The OKC Thunder look is hideous, but I guess it was a bit of a rush job? I would reckon the Thunder will get a redesign as soon as is allowed.

I am finding that the new Seahawks look is not as hideous as I thought it was once. Although that is a uni that should not receive the monochrome treatment.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

qdx55wdx4akljqkvzi1s3e6t3.gif

I'm sorry but that is absolutely terrible and will never be good!!! I believe it'll be gone shortly anyway or I at least hope it will.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

The Red Wings logo has definately grown:

RedWings2.gif

RedWings3.gif

That's what a classic logo will do, grow on you.

For me, the Tampa Bay Rays' hat logo has grown on me, though I wish that there was more gold in their look altogether.

The Arizona Cardinals' logo has only grown on me as well; a great update (for the logo), all in all. I wish I could say the same thing for the uniforms, though.

The New Orleans Hornets' most recent update is cetainly looking better than when it first came out, but I have to ask the question, "Why did they even change in the first place?"

The only one I can think of is the Lightning logo. I didn't get why change their championship winning logo, and why not have Lightning in it, but now I think it looks really nice and modern.

2ly2w09.jpg

I hated the Stars home jersey when it was introduced last year. I couldn't understand why they would put DALLAS on the front of the jersey. It has totally grown on me now and I think it is a really classy look.

Although I would still totally prefer a green jersey ;)

I still hate it. And yes green would be much better.

And I really, really wish the NHL would revert back to the homes in white scenario.

newsig.jpg

I'm growing to really like the looks of the Canucks jerseys the more I look at them. I still haven't gotten used to the VANCOUVER over the logo, but that is one jersey set that has really grown on me lately, enough to a point to where I'd like to add one to my collection.

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

Can't tell if you meant that tongue-in-cheek but as for me, I like the purple pants as long as they're wearing white jerseys. Any monochrome look is pretty hideous but when you also have a HELMET the same color? That's horrible.

To me, the problem with the purple pants is that they wear them with solid purple socks, creating the dreaded leotard effect. It looks like crap, especially on the, erm, larger players. Now if they wore them with their stripety socks from days of yore, as in the pic below, I could really dig it.

FranTarkenton278CC.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived