Washington Nationals primary logo tweak

Gothamite

I've always thought that the Nationals' primary logo looks oddly unifinished. There should be something more at the top.

The Nats' seem to have thought so at one point, adding the capitol dome to the logo for their First Game commemorative ticket:

ce47_1.JPG

So I took the top of the Frozen Four logo and re-worked the Nats' primary:

3379178247_1ecfa227dc_o.gif

What do you think? I think the "monument" feel of the Nationals letters are really set off by the dome.

I'd love to see this on the players' sleeves.

First of all, I think you did a great job, so I don't want to take anything away from that. But with the part you added not including any red or blue, it looks like two different logos put together. I know that there are not supposed to be any other colors in that building, but that is why is it doesn't work 100% for me. It is a great idea and it was executed very nicely. It's just the color (or lack thereof) that makes it not work as much as it could.

I think the gold and navy separating the banner from the dome could be causing the problems. If the ribbon itself was the only topside barrier, it might come off as better joined.

Still, great job on the rendering. Looks good and shows promise.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

I think the gold and navy separating the banner from the dome could be causing the problems. If the ribbon itself was the only topside barrier, it might come off as better joined.

Still, great job on the rendering. Looks good and shows promise.

Yeah, lowering the building so the gold outline separating the logo and the building is gone would help a lot.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I made a mock-up once using the dome from the Washington Capitals logo. It was damn sexy. Adding the dome gives it better balance...plus it gives us some kind of visual element to associate with the "Nationals" moniker.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I'm not too keen on lowering the dome - I think a lot of the grace in the building's design gets lost in the Nats' commemorative ticket. Neither do I want to lose the baseball, because then we have the same problem in the other direction, with an unbalanced logo.

I really took to heart the comments that they still appeared to be two separate images, so I've changed the outlines to incorporate them a little better.

3381716473_dc9803dc17_o.gif

How's that?

Looks amazing Gothamite, tremendous balance throughout the logo. However I do have one grip, the dome and word mark are highly detailed, but the ball is not. Now I know that's part of the original logo (which sucked before this addition), but it just seems out of place now.

And for the contestors who say the dome looks out of place, what about making the windows blue instead of the darker grey? Just a thought.

Otherwise, a fantastic job here.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I'm not too keen on lowering the dome - I think a lot of the grace in the building's design gets lost in the Nats' commemorative ticket. Neither do I want to lose the baseball, because then we have the same problem in the other direction, with an unbalanced logo.

I really took to heart the comments that they still appeared to be two separate images, so I've changed the outlines to incorporate them a little better.

3381716473_dc9803dc17_o.gif

How's that?

Way too vertical for my tastes. I second trying it with only the dome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived