Denver Nuggets to wear green uniforms tonight against Utah

roxfan00

3954a400fbe79a657023a6b27289a976-getty-82921738ge006_nuggets.jpg

On March 19, Denver Nuggets head coach George Karl addressed attendees of the Sustainable Opportunity Summit at the Colorado Convention Center.

Karl spoke on behalf of Pepsi Center?s Play Clean: Eco Friendly Entertainment campaign, expanding on Kroenke Sports Enterprises? company-wide efforts to conserve energy, save water, recycle materials and reduce the carbon footprint left by KSE properties and Pepsi Center visitors.

Karl and Nuggets Supermascot Rocky teamed up to unveil a green Nuggets jersey that the team will wear during its April 2 and April 4 home games at Pepsi Center. The special jerseys are part of the inaugural NBA Green Week, a league-wide campaign to generate awareness for protecting the environment.

Nuggets.com

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Wow. The NBA finds yet another way to trout out a pointless alternate. Just have each team designate seven official uniforms, one for each day, already.

Awesome post. I couldn't have said it better.

Agreed, just another way to sell more merchandise. They don't give a crap about eco friendly anything. The only green David Stern is worried about are the greenbacks flying into his wallet.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

The special jerseys are part of the inaugural NBA Green Week, a league-wide campaign to generate awareness for protecting the environment.

The Sixers' mascot Hip-Hop is wearing a generic green jersey tonight, even though the team itself is wearing their regular home whites...

I think the only two days a usually non-green team should be allowed to wear green are:

1. St. Patrick's Day

2. Whenever they're hosting the Oklahoma City Thunder

bYhYmxh.png

I think the only two days a usually non-green team should be allowed to wear green are:

1. St. Patrick's Day

2. Whenever they're hosting the Oklahoma City Thunder

I'll add a third: Food poisoning awareness night.

I saw, I came, I left.

Is it just me or does Green, Light Blue, and Yellow look nice together? I was working on a concept recently that used Green and Light Blue together (Maine D-League team) but I figured Yellow wouldn't fit in. Looks great to me. But yes, they are useless jerseys.

Is it just me or does Green, Light Blue, and Yellow look nice together? I was working on a concept recently that used Green and Light Blue together (Maine D-League team) but I figured Yellow wouldn't fit in. Looks great to me. But yes, they are useless jerseys.

Agreed. It looks nice, but at the same time, it's absolutely freakin' pointless. (This statement can be applied to the vast majority of the National Basketball Association in its present state.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Other than the light blue (which wouldn't look bad if it was integrated better) those don't look bad at all. Sucks that Seattle is gone and that color combo doesn't exist anymore in the NBA.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Other than the light blue (which wouldn't look bad if it was integrated better) those don't look bad at all. Sucks that Seattle is gone and that color combo doesn't exist anymore in the NBA.

Unless you count those Celtics jerseys with gold numbers. :wacko:

I saw, I came, I left.

Unless you count those Celtics jerseys with gold numbers. :wacko:

I forgot about those, but they don't count because it's more of a drab gold vs. a bright yellow.

The more I think about it, green, yellow, and light blue would make for a great basketball jersey. I really wish the Nuggets did a better job of working in the blue... maybe somewhere around the numbers, and the trim around the white panels on the sides.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived